We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Bavaro

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
12 reviews
Iberostar Bavaro

Has anyone recently returned from Iberostar Bavaro & any tips/suggestions? Where to request a room etc? Also, any local reports re outbreaks of malaria and is the resort spraying to contain the mosquitos?

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Hello - stayed here last year (FEB) and don't recall seeing any mosquitos. I personally think the 2nd flr rooms are nicer - nice high ceilings, more private balcony, didn't see any bugs. Very clean rooms, fabulous beach, great food for an all inclusive. Thought the Japanese a la carte was very good - make all your reservations as soon as you check in to make sure you get the times you want. Hope you love it like we did!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Kbell...thanks! We are leaving on 01.01 & looking forward to a great vacation. I spent lotsa time researching different resorts and finally decided on the Iberostar Bavaro. We have previously having stayed @ the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus in La Romana and had a great time there.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Hi Elmerfudpucker. My husband and I stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro from 11/28-12/04 and it was fantastic. The atmosphere, the food, the drink, the room, the beach, etc. were all great. The staff goes above and beyond every second of every day. The first thing that we saw when we first walked into our room was a peacock out on our balcony and what a sight that was after having traveled for almost 10 hours.

I have been a travel agent for over 20 years and the Iberostar chain has become my most favorite. They have been consistently excellent from Playa del Carmen to the Dominican Republic...we only wish we could go to Cuba and try the Iberostars there.

You will have everything you need there and if there is anything that you find you are missing..just ask. The staff will bend over backwards to make you feel like royalty. That has been my experience with the Iberostar as least.

We saw no mosquitos or bugs during our stay. I too would suggest the 2nd floor rooms as they offer cathedral ceilings but the 1st floor rooms are VERY nice as well.

We found that the staff remembered your preferences from how you like your coffee to what you like in your minibar. It was astonishing that they remembered this stuff when they service so many different people each week.

I hope you have as wonderful an experience as we did. Our only issue is which Iberostar to visit next. I'm leaning toward the Iberostar Maya in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

ENJOY!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

cant.wait...thanks very much for your comments. Now I cant.wait...lol

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
1 review
5. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

We are going to this resort in march, my husband is disabled and can`t walk far, anyone know which room area to ask for that is close to the lobby or restaurants..thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Iberostar Bavaro

Elmo...the IBEROSTAR BAVARO is very spread out, flat surfaces but spread out. If you are near the lobby/restaurant, you are furthest from the pool/ocean. Just go to www.iberostar.com. Find the IBEROSTAR BAVARO & send them an email requesting a room near the lobby/restaurants. Ground floor rooms in the following buildings appear to be about midway between the pool & the restaurants 2551 - 2558; 2561 - 2568; 2541 - 2548; 2531 - 2538; 1091 - 1098 & 1101 - 1108; 1201 - 1208; 1191 - 1198. The rooms that are closest to the lobby are 2661 - 2668; 2651 -2658; 2671 - 2678.

It all depends where you want to be BUT email them @ the hotel.