We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

Vail, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

We plan to book the first 5 nights at the Royal Suites Terquesa,(like the idea of VIP service and adult time with the option to visit other parts of the resort) We have an additional 5 nights to plan somewhere else, I have narrowed it down to these two. We will be there for our first visit to the DR in july, seasoned travelers in Jamaica and Mexico always A/I, love T/A, the research is half the fun of vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Vail, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

Bump

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

Have never been to BPA, loved the ME club. I tried to book a club room for the end of June and can't. It seems only the regular section is available. Check your travel dates to see if there are any club rooms left.

GTA
Level Contributor
794 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

IMO magestic is better because the resort is much smaller than ambar. Ambar is part of a 2500 room resort. Much of the shared property gets busy!

NYC
Level Contributor
109 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

Ambar is part of a much bigger property, however no one from the other parts of the resort can use the Ambar amenities, while the Ambar guests are able to use the other area amenities. I have never been to Majestic but had a great time at Ambar, definetly highly recommend.

Vail, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

Thank you for your input, The reason for the last 5 days @ the Terquesa was brought about when trying to book all 10 nights @ Majestic Club and 2 of those nights are already sold out, The Terquesa has great reveiws and we look forward to staying there, however this is at a greater cost then Majestic, so we are calling it the end of vacation splurg.. In checking out the Maj. I came across the Bahia, same price.... Has anyone been to both of them and can tell me about differance. We hope to make a decission today before all avail. & or price is gone..

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,543 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

We have been to the Royal Suites and really liked it. It is small, quiet and a perfect place to have time as a couple. For action just head next door or next to that etc. We were going to return here but decided to try the Ambar....going in a week. the food was very good at the Royal Suites but the food in the DR in my opion doesn't come close to food in Mexico so just keep that in mind. The food in Mexico is just more American. You have a tough decision to make as both the Ambar and Elegance sound very nice. The Ambar sounds similar to the Royal Suites with access to the other resorts. The lobby etc sounds bigger at the Ambar. The Royal Suites lobby is small but you can get Budwiser in a bottle there LOL have fun!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
303 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

We stayed at the Ambar in Feb 09 and LOVED it!!! The food was Delicious! The service Excellent! It is part of the bigger resort but to us it didn't really seem too over crowded when we went to the main areas (and the resort wa pretty full). The pool area at the Ambar is nice and the beach is as well. We were really happy with our stay here.

Hoosier
Level Contributor
703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

I stayed at the Ambar and Excellence Punta Cana in January. Ambar was newer and nice but I felt like I was lost in a huge resort. I did not care too much for the food either. Service from a person in front of you was pretty good. If you called for anything it was terrible.

I walked down and saw the Majestic Elegance. It looked very nice and much more appealing due to the more moderate size.

If I were to choose today between the two I would stay at the Majestic Elegance. I probably would not stay at Ambar again.

Excellence Punta Cana would be my first choice but it costs a bit more.

Mentioned in this post
Excellence Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana
14,221 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
16,912 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Vail, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

Did you say Budwiser in a bottle, Just told my husband that and now he votes all ten days at royal suites... LOL, I have been reading between the lines on reviews, seams at the Maj. Elegance the people who did not opt. for the club have many complaints on service, wonder if they are upset that they didn't go club and saw a great differance. all club members seamed to love the service?

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,543 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

Yup Budwiser in a bottle LOL That was a couple of years ago now. There was a lady in the lobby with a small bar and she had them there. Actually it got to be a joke as everytime my husdand walked by she had an ice cold one for him. She had them in a fridege out back as I recall. I don't think many people realised where they were coming from.

Good luck making your choice!

;