We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

Vail, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

We plan to book the first 5 nights at the Royal Suites Terquesa,(like the idea of VIP service and adult time with the option to visit other parts of the resort) We have an additional 5 nights to plan somewhere else, I have narrowed it down to these two. We will be there for our first visit to the DR in july, seasoned travelers in Jamaica and Mexico always A/I, love T/A, the research is half the fun of vacation.

Vail, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

seesea99, Hope you have a great trip next week, may the sun be with you, wish it was me..thanks for your info.

vermont
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

We stayed in the bahia amber in nov....then we stayed at Elegance this week....TrUST me run don't walk to the Majestic....More luxury then you will no what to do with....

colorado springs
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

We stayed at the Ambar last year in April. We originally booked the Gran Bahia Punta Cana side and luckly were upgraded to the Ambar section. The room was very nice and clean; the food and service was ok. The best thing was - no screaming kids running around while their parents get drunk. The GPP is a very large resort. The beach is a DREAM. I don't know about the Majestic - sorry.

Hoosier
Level Contributor
703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

At Ambar you had to pay extra for premium liquors which upset quite a few people I met. At Excellence Punta Cana they had Budweiser products in bottles available and many top shelf liquiors. Even Corona beer at the Mexican restaurant. No kids anywhere because there are no resorts next door like you find at every other Adults Only resorts. Also the food at Excellence buffet was better than the food at Ambar's gourmet. It was night and day different on the food and service.

I'm sorry I can't give you more info on Elegance but it sure looked nicer than Ambar from the outside.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

We just returned from Ambar. It was wonderful!It is a whole adult only resort in a big complex. It is just gorgeous!Fantastic service, spectacular beach (no kids in Ambar section) I can't comment on Elegance, but we walked by & it looked nice. It just seemed like too many kids.

16. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar or Majestic Elagance Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 19:17