We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

NY
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

Anything I should watch for or look at?

Also, been to many locations and this is my first to DR would anyone know if this hotel does bait and switch with hotel rooms?

Thanks

Hoosier
Level Contributor
703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

Look for Paradise. You will see it once you enter the gate of Excellence.

I have been there twice and am looking forward to returning again.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,730 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

Hi

As Frank has said such be prepared to arrive at a wonderful resort where any memories of the bumpy ride there will instantly fade away

If you have time during your trip try to take an excursion that will take you inland so you have a chance to experience the real Dominican Republic.

Make sure you go for some long walks along the beach and treat the ocean with the respect it deserves.

With regards to your bait and switch question you will get the room type you booked and if occupancy allows you may be offered the chance to upgrade to a different room type

NY
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

Thank you for the info. I already booked the Exc Club Honeymoon suit so there is only one room the it higher. After digging into their site I see not all rooms seem to have the open balcony which we really want.

Once again thanks.

John

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,730 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

John

Are you aware that there are two different types of Honeymoon Suites and one has its own private deck area?

If you check out the photos attached to my review you will see photos of both types - see link below:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147293-d2…

Send me a PM if you want anymore information about them or EPC

NY
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

No not untill today when I booked the room it only show you one type of room with the outside deck this is why I booked it, I'm hoping when I get there it is not the other one. I tried a few time to email the GM but he does not return emails.

Great write up by the way a lot of info.

Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,730 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

Hi again

You may want to drop Roberto, the club manager, an e_mail:

club.xpc@excellence-resorts.com

7. Re: Heading to Punta Cana on 03/11 Excellence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 19:19