We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

We will be traveling to Barcelo Punta Canada at the end of March,

I already booked through Air Transat. We opted for an upgrade to the Prestige class which includes more amenities and an upgrade to the renovated room.

I confirmed several times with our agent that we will be getting a renovated room through Prestige Class. She assured us that's what this upgrade offered (amongst other thing).

Now I'm reading reviews where people are saying that Prestige Class does not include renovated rooms. But these posts date back to January 2009.

Can anyone help is clearing this up for me?

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
1. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

My wife and I looked at the same thing ,and when we called and asked the travel agent at AT she said It didn't mean you were going to get one.That you could put a request in for one,but you still might not get it......So we are going to a different resort ..........Hope this helps.......

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

prestige class does not mean renovated rooms. Unless it is the deluxe room that you booked.

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

I verified with my agent (again).

She got confirmation of our booking and the booking said "Prestige Class with Deluxe room"

Does Deluxe = renovated?

This is very confusing.

Ontario
Level Contributor
254 posts
4. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

we went to that resort last year also with Air Transat Prestige class.

Prestige class was when we went was just past of the reg upgrade provided with Transat Holidays.

I emailed the resort a couple weeks before we went and asked for a renovated room with ocean view.

When we arrived all the other Transat prestige class people were given rooms in a totally different part of the resort then the renovated rooms.

We were charged $15 extra per night for the renovated/ocean view room.

We spoke to others who were not in the renovated rooms and they were not happy with what they had been given after seeing our room.

From what i hear is that Transat has their own block of rooms at the resort and they are the rooms their customers get when booked with prestige class.

I would recommend emailing and upgrading to the renovated rooms - MUCH nicer rooms.

We are heading back on Sat but not to that resort - the water was just too rough there so we are going to the southern part of Punta Cana where the water is alot calmer.

The resort was nice though!

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

Deluxe room does mean renovated...We will be returning to this resort in 14 days.

Edited: 06 January 2010, 18:39
Manitoba
Level Contributor
46 posts
6. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

We stayed there a year ago and booked Prestige class, and did not get a renovated room. Although, I do understand that deluxe is supposed to be a renovated room!

Moncton New...
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

Air Transat and Noritours are sister companies and last summer they switched buildings, now Air transat has the renovated Deluxe buildings plus the Tropical suites and now Noritours has the refurbished rooms.This is what my agent told me last June when we booked again for this resort.

Our group along with Sparky prefer building 7 so we booked again building 7 . These rooms are great for us . We looked at the renovated rooms last year when we were there and it was not worth it to us to pay an extra $300.00 more.

We love this resort and can't wait to go back! 64 More Sleeps!!!!

Sandy and the staff are doing a great job!!

Nana:)

Moncton New...
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

I should also mention Air transat has the Prestiage class.

Have a great trip everyone!

May see you there !!! March 12 to 26!!! Already started to pack and have not forgotten the school children!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

Which building would be a quieter section, we will be there same time as you March 12-19 , first time at this resort(four years ago we stayed at Grand Paradise just next to it...and we liked the location..... the trapeze and climbing wall appeals to my son the most...... and it is quoting cheaper than GP......

Moncton New...
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Prestige Class at Barcelo Punta Cana

Hi,

I would say building 1 and 2 . The renovated rooms. Some people has said Building 3 can be a bit noisey with dishes , as the buffet dining room is on the main floor of building 3. If you want building 3 I would book the top floor which would be 4th floor. The quiet pool and childrens pool is also closest to these buildings 1, 2 and 3 The renovated rooms. and yes the Trepeze and rock climbing is there also.

Have a great trip and we may see you there.