We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ocean village bavaro

Clinton,MA
3 posts
ocean village bavaro

can any one tell me about the ocean village bavaro my wife and I are going there next month and I would like to hear what it is like we have been to other Island and had a great time we just dont know what to expect thanks

toronto
3 posts
1. Re: ocean village bavaro

my boyfriend and i (late 20's) stayed at the ocean part of the hotel over new year's this year and were completely unimpressed to put it mildly. the service was VERY slow, the workers were impolite and not very fluent in english, so bring a dictionary. we even tried tipping the bar staff to see if they would come to life, but no such luck so i recommend saving your money. the food was very bland and made us sick 4/7 of the days we were there, but the beach and the weather were nice. if you are able to, request one of the rooms in the 4000's or 3000's or else you're going to be hiking to the beach. the local markets were an experience....the vendors are VERY pushy, and if you're going to bargin go low!! i bought a beach wrap for $12...they started at $45....most won't go below $15 though...we got a few really nice photo albums there too...leafy-looking...i bargained them down to 2 for $15 for the small ones....definately worth it. I recommend the Saona Island tour...it made our week...we were going to skip it because it is a full day, but really, go for it. if you end up using the hospitality room your last day to shower, etc...beware!! it is the absolute last room at the very back of the resort (took us 15 min to walk to) and there was no light, no clean towels, and looked really dirty. anyways, bring bug spray, lots of pepto/gravol or both, and definately immodium...if you have any other questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Philly
Level Contributor
51 posts
2. Re: ocean village bavaro

Hey Sunseekers,

Staying at Ocean Bavaro in march....all the reviews said to request block 5 or 6 for proximity to the beach, so i did....is this accurate, or should i ammend my reservation??

thanks

Clinton,MA
3 posts
3. Re: ocean village bavaro

Thank you for your input after hearing that I am a little woried but I have been to other Island kinda sound's the same all they want is your money it's the resort that i really care about so if you can think of anything eles please let me know thanks

Nanaimo, BC
Level Contributor
119 posts
4. Re: ocean village bavaro

Are you guys talking about the OCEAN BAVARO BEACH RESORT AND SPA or the IFA BAVARO VILLAGE / IFA BAVARO OCEAN... they are seperate places... and we are staying at the Ocean Cana which is a part of the Ocean Bavaro Spa.....

Philly
Level Contributor
51 posts
5. Re: ocean village bavaro

I am saaying at Ocean Bavaro Resort and Spa......ive been told to get block 5 or 6 for proximity to the ocean, maybe these guys are talking about the other place.......