We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused Traveler

Middletown, OH
Level Contributor
175 posts
Confused Traveler

Travel agent is telling me that Barcelo Villas Bavaro now (IFA Villas Bavaro) is beach front. Is this true or not. From what I am reading it is NOT. Is there 5 restraunts in this one hotel. Or, is it counting The hotels that it use to be part of?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
1. Re: Confused Traveler

NO NO NO it is NOT beachfront. NONE of the rooms are beachfront. it's a good walk, there IS a shuttle, but if you want beachfront, dont go to the villas. Even the hotel rooms are a good ways from the beach. wear your walkin shoes, there were BAD blisters on this trip.

everything else about the place was nice.

Middletown, OH
Level Contributor
175 posts
2. Re: Confused Traveler

Ok. So if I am the fartherest back, how long do it take to walk to the beach? When was you there?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
3. Re: Confused Traveler

We stayed there two years ago. it's about 15 minute or better walk through the resort, which is nice....but not beachfront.

We were in the furthest part, i swear...which makes it hard to go back to your room if you want something. The villas are really nice, though, with each own separate entrance, and high wood ceilings.

You'll pass three pools on the way, two different shuttlebus stops. you can take the shuttle, it will drop you off at the beach buffet then you can walk down from there.

If you are in the villas, you'll be closer to the evening shows? if you care... just bring some band-aids incase of blisters or make sure your shoes are broken in and ready for that walk.

only probs we had was a SLOW draining tub. not much english is spoken, but that's a given. overall, it was a nice place, but a far walk to the beach. that's the number one reason Im going, so I would not stay at Villas again, but the price was right for the time and we were not totally disappointed. BRING BUGSPRAY!! had about 20 bites on 1 leg alone that time.

are you already booked??

Middletown, OH
Level Contributor
175 posts
4. Re: Confused Traveler

AngeleoO2.. Yes, I just booked today. Went with the Villas because it was alot less expensive. Is the Villas hotel a big hotel area? The travel agent said they aren't part of the other 2 hotels that they was before. Can we walk the shore line or are we confined to a certain area. I would love to snorkel on sight.