We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

Does anyone who has recently been know the best ones to eat in and how many are there?

Some say 6 others say 7.

Many Thanks

snooks

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

There is HIMITSU , WORLD CAFE, BORDEAUX, OCEANA, SEASIDE GRILL, BEACH BAR-B-Q PIT.

Our Favs were BORDEAUX (French themed, no kiddies) and the SEASIDE GRILL.

Note depending on the time of year and how booked the resort is...some restaurents are open only for certain meals. Not all restaurants may be an otion for all meals.

Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

Actually the restaurant there is no longer Bordeaux it is now Portafino ( an italian adults only restaurant ) and there is also a Mexican restaurant ( El Patio ) as well. Our room was closer to the beach so we mostly ate our meals at Oceana ( they do breakfast (for preferred guests), lunch and dinner with a view of the ocean). We also really enjoyed Himitsu and El Patio. We tried to get into Portofino but the wait was too long ( our kids were at the Explorers club at the time). I had a really bad meal at the Seaside Grill the time we tried it - but my husband really enjoyed his meal there. Our favourite I think was Himitsu - their Makis were delicious as well as their appetizers/entrees. My son was too young to go to the Teppanyaki table.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

HIMITSU was our favorite. We loved the appy's more than anything else.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

So the Bordeaux has gone then - hopefully it won't make too much difference.

We'll probably try them all. :-))

Cheers

snooks

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

Try the wine room, if you buy a bottle(reasonable price) then you can eat in there and order from 3 different menu's. It is also nice to cool off.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

I think there is a total of 6 resturaunts. The Seaside Grill and Mexican - El Patio where my favourite, also at lunch on the beach they made some lovely burgers!! :)

San Dimas, CA
Level Contributor
166 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

As you can see from the reviews, food is highly subjective. My teens loved the buffet, but I did NOT because I am NOT a buffet person. To confuse the topic even more, I liked them all, except for the Japanese show restaurant. The Japanese show was a lot of fun, and interactive, but the food was NOT good. The Chinese side of the Himitsu was our favorite. You are in the DR, so the Chinese food was not like what we get at home, it was very different, but we enjoyed it.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

The sushi bar in the Chinese restaurant is very authentic and a good place to have dinner or just an appetizer. It is a very pretty bar. The Bordeaux is now Portofino which I was disappointed when I first heard but we thought the food there was really good and we were very happy. We ate food from Portofino and Oceana when we ate in the wine room. The show cooking is fun and the food is OK but you eat and are rushed out for the next seating and we like to eat very slow.

Georgian Bay ON
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

Hi Everyone we are getting married at Dreams the week of January 12-19th and i was thinking of doing our reception meal at the Portofino which is now the Itaillian foor...Is it nice or would anyone that has been there suggest antoher spot ?? Tks Also can anyone tell me what the best room numbers would be (building) for the best Ocea View in the Preffered section?

Tks Liz :)

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Punta Cana Best Restaurants

So the Italian place where Bordeaux was...are they serving the same dishes as the Italian place that was in the World Cafe ?...