We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One thing you really liked about your hotel

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
One thing you really liked about your hotel

Ok I am fishing here. I would like to know what is the 1 thing you really like/liked about the resort you stayed at. What keeps you coming back. For me it was the view. (ok broke the rules of the post, service is a close second). I stayed at BPC and due to the way the hotel is built a good majority of the rooms have a ocean view.The view from most rooms is a killer view. But I would love to know about what others say about their resorts. Sometimes it is that one thing that gets you.

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

The beer is good

:D

Gaza

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

ditto, gaza, the beach is to die for, sun, sand, and suds!

Berrien Springs...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

My room at the Bahia was great. No ocean view. The only thing I could see was the Riu from our third floor perch. No worries. If I wanted to see the ocean, I walked down there and saw it.

So little time spent in the room, I'll just get the cheapy and spend my time outside where it really matters.

A room with a view while asleep is a room with no view.

But it would be nice to have a place on the beach.

Mich Rob

Edited: 14 May 2011, 01:06
calgary
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

Definitely, without a doubt, the staff is the reason I've returned to BeLive grand Bavaro (Grand Oasis) so many times.

Debra

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

I don't care about the room or view since I'm barely in it during daylight hours.

While food, drinks, service and staff are all wonderful at CRB, the number one reason I'm returning is the beach and sea conditions. I found my nirvana. When I want a simple lounge week, this place is it.

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

At the Occidental the lagoon pool that was in front of our building (25) would come up from a beautiful day on the beach and spend and hour just floating on my back looking up at the palm trees and sky!! Going back for 2 weeks next year!!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

For us we go for R & R so a nice quiet pool area is a plus for us. One where they do pool games and activities all day is not for us. Service and nice restaurants are also important.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

We stayed at the PCP and I don't think you could find better staff elsewhere. That is perhaps the reason that we will be back.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

Caribe/Tropical Princess: great bang for the buck, but I loved the set up the best. Everything important is near by - rooms, activities, food, beach and pools.

PCP: adults only, not frilly and fussy, small, everything was better than expected for the price

Palladium PC: The tangeable calming feeling in the lobby and the free wifi came in handy to call the kids.

And all three of those resorts: Location, Location and Location.

More than one thing for each resort, so I broke the rules also!

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One thing you really liked about your hotel

While I haven't been yet, very excited for next year though, I would have to say that the whole experience of relaxing and enjoying our interactions with a great staff, would be tops for us. Views will be great and I'm sure the food will be wonderful, but being around happy, friendly people who work at the resort, will help make the experience more pleasurable - for us and for them :)