We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

Guelph Ontario
8 posts
Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

My wife and I are going to the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana with Air Transat and the Royal Golden package, at the end of Jan. 2012. I know the Royal Golden provides rooms closest to the beach but does anyone know what the number is of the building that is right next to the beach? Also, does any one know what room numbers to ask for so we get a view of the ocean from our room or balcony? I need 2 rooms the same since my brother inlaw and sister inlaw are going with us. This is our first time to the Dominican Republic.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

I'm looking at my own map of the resort right now. For the Punta Cana section, Villas 1-8 are Royal Golden, so #1 is closest to the beach. #4 is opposite, but tucked away behind the pool and El Pescador restaurant. On the Bavaro side villas 20-24 are Golden, and #20 would be closest. A lot of the buildings are sort of side-on so I'm not sure how "oceanview" they'd be.

John (Bubba King) is the expert on this resort, so maybe he can clarify.

Resort map

worldisround.com/articles/…photo259.html

Make sure you click on the "view full size" button underneath so you can see a larger version.

Guelph Ontario
8 posts
2. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

Thank you janidd. It looks like building #1 is the one to ask for. Who is John (Bubba King) and how do I ask him questions?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
252 reviews
3. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

Is one of the Punta Cana Destination Experts that you can found in the middle of this page.

Oshawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,812 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

Hi Yarga,

This is John (aka Bubba King - or as my avatar says near the right side of this page - "Brooklin" - DE for Punta Cana.

Hope I can asisist you.

Here is an even more updated map to the Bahia resorts for you.

worldisround.com/articles/…photo264.html

Has a bit more info that will be handy for you to review before arrival. You will receive a nice fold out pocket size version of this map in your welcome package upon check in.

When you load the map, scroll to the bottom right corner and click on "view full-size image" for easier viewing.

The buildings for Club Golden have been nicely provided to by "janidd".

As "janidd" has stated, none of the rooms in these buildings directly face the beach - the entire resort is designed in the same manner and all rooms are identical - corner rooms are slightly larger. and do have a larger balcony.

I would suggest the same building numbers as "janidd" has mentioned and tend to prefer buildings 20 or 21 as it can be a little quieter there later at night since building #1 is also closer to the 24 hour snack bar (see map blue #7 - Piscis) which can be a little challenging depending on the crowd later in the early morning hours (yes - they serve snacks and drinks all night) - just wanted to mention it.

The other buildings may seem a bit further to the pool/beach, but they really are quite close (2 minute walk)

I am afraid I do not know the precise room numbers for corner rooms, but when you send your "request" and please remember, it is a "request" based on availability to Albania Batista at:

asistenteventasbppuj@bahia-principe.com just ask if she can provide you one of the corner rooms - you will easily be able to see the ocean by looking over the balcony either to the left or the right - depending on the room.

I hope this helps.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Guelph Ontario
8 posts
5. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

Thank you so much, John. You've been really helpful. Just one more question - do all the buildings numbered 1 - 28 belong to the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana with the Royal Golden package of Air Transat? We are booking with the Royal Golden package so that's why I'm asking.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

No only 1-8 and 20-24 are considered Royal Golden. Technically 20 up is considered to be part of the Bahia Principe Bavaro section, not the Punta Cana section.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
7. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

I stayed in this section and you will like it. You will get bathrobes and slippers ( can't keep) and we also got t-shirts and a bottle of rum nice wrapped in a bag with a personalized letter that we could keep. Not sure though if that was part of the royal golden section or cause we were retirning guests.

Also you get room service in this section. There will be a menu in your room with like salads, pizza fries, etc. They are pretty prompt at delierving.

Guelph Ontario
8 posts
8. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my questions. We booked our trip today and requested the third floor of building #1 with our rooms on the sides facing the ocean. We're hoping for not too much noise if we are able to stay in building #1 but that's the reason we asked for the third floor. For future reference, our travel agent made a call and found that buildings #1 - 8 and #4 - 10 are the ones for the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana, Air Transat Royal Golden package. This section is exclusive for the Royal Golden by Air Transat.

I have another question for anyone who can answer it. Are there any "glass bottom boat" excursions in Punta Cana. We're also looking for a canopy tour (not ziplining) that involves cable cars or such. If there is a website that offers good excursions other than golf and snorkelling, or if anyone has any suggestions for good excursions please let me know.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
9. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

Soano Island excursion you will really enjoy it.

Pickup at hotel around 630am and you drive through Dominican for around an hour. You go through their towns and country side so you can see how they live and what Dominican actually looks like.

You arrive and take speedboats first they slow down and show you rocks and stuff of a protected reserve by the dominican gov. Them you go to a sandbar in the ocean and swim around to find star fish and open bar.

Once tgat is done your takem to the island where you spend tge day. Music, dancing, drinks and a lunch BBQ.

After a few hours on the island your taken to catermans where you sail for about 1.5 hours and theres music dancing and drinks.

Back on the bus for the trip home is around 5pm and they will let you drink if you still want to. You arrive back at your hotel around 630pm

You can find videos on youtube to see if it is for you

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
10. Re: Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Royal Golden

Hi there: My husband and I are planning a trip to the Dominican for our 25th, our first time ever to that part of the world. We are planning to be there 1st week of December, is that a good time to travel to the Dominican or is it hurricane season then?

Any response would be much appreciated.

Thanks