We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking question

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
879 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
booking question

Which tour operators would you recommend for trips to Punta Cana from the states? I know of Funjet and Apple. Are there others you have used that you like? Would prefer one which has a payment plan.

Also, I am looking for next June and there aren't many flight options yet. Looks like Spirit and Airtran haven't listed their flights yet for May/June. Not sure if Airtran will continue flying there with their having been purchased by Southwest. Any insight offered would be appreciated!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking question

Hi Sajaha,

I'm from Canada so I can't help you with the names of other suppliers.

However, when you book you will only have to pay a deposit (here it is $500) with the balance due 45 days prior to your trip. If you want to make payments along the way before the final payment date that shouldn't be a problem. Book with a good travel agent and the process should be smooth. It is no more costly to use a travel agent then book online and you gain the use of all their knowledge and experiance. They will check with all suppliers and be able to provide you with the best price within your budget.

Good luck!

Don

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking question

Doncha, I am from Canada but we booked our last trip to PC thru travelocity.com as travelocity.ca displayed higher prices for the same resort/fight. It all worked out for us perfectly as american $ was so much weaker than canadian at that time. They even have direct flight from Toronto. Perfect. You can book thru many american websites (orbitz, bookit, travelocity.com to name a few)

I don't know if they have payment plans though as we payed full amount at the time of booking.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: booking question

It looks like you might want to stick with either Apple or Funjet using a travel agent if you would like to make multiple payments. Otherwise Cheap Caribbean has a deposit plan (I do not know how many payments they will allow you to make, travel agents allow you to make several if that is what you like). We are booked for June 2012, air carriers already have the routes and rates out. It is slimmer picking for flights during the off season.

Edited: 01 October 2011, 12:02
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking question

Hi Monhann,

Travel industry in Ontario is regulated by TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario). You can google their site.Just be aware that whenever you book travel through an agency/supplier outside Ontario you are not covered under their protection eg. if a supplier goes bankrupt, as a couple have recently, while you are out of country and leaves you stranded, TICO will reimburse you the cost of your flight back and any other services you paid for but did not receive.

Just thought I'd let you know. Many people not aware of that.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking question

sajaha....does your Sears, Costco or Sam's Club have a Travel Agency? If so, then check them out for payment options.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,596 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking question

I recommend Patrick at Doylestown Travel. I have been using him for years! His number is 215-348-9810. He discounts Apple, TNT and Funjet Vacations.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
879 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking question

Thanks everyone for your comments, they are helpful! mra1, I do have a Costco membership. Always seems like they run high on packages but I am definitely going to check again. Thanks for the idea.

Just curious about the airfare because most of the packages I've looked at want to put us on the 7:10 am American flight coming home from PUJ. I don't think I could relax knowing I had to get up that early on my way home!

8. Re: booking question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 19:16