We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

Has no one been there, been asking for imput for a week. Please help me! OK I am not that desperate but it would be nice to hear from someone. !!!!!!!!!

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
1. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

Hi rescue41,

Yes there are a few posts quite recent from people who have just returned, said it was very nice, grounds, food, staff ALL excellent, standard rooms not up too much, were going 18th April and BOY am i lookin forward to it..

Hope you have a good one.

Paula

courtice on
11 posts
2. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

I also feel your frustration. I have tried several times to get info on the resort. My family and I will be going to Ocean Bavaro for March Break. There is a recent review on the resort (posted Jan. 24) hopefully this will help!

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
3. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

Thanks to both of you for repying.

Just went out to lunch with a friend who's brother returned form there. He and his wife really enjoyed it.

My biggest concern were the negative coments on other web sites.

Either way, we are going!!!!!!!!!

Last time I checked, it was not snowing there.

Boston, ma
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

I have read so many positive reviews on debbiesdominican.com. I am travelling to this property on April 7-11th. I am concerend about the ill ness going around and Malaria. Do you think any of this is at this resort and do you know what should be done beforehand to protect yourself?

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
5. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

Actually, I have started the malaria meds but probably will not continue. My friends brother just got back and says everything is blow out of proportion. I will post while I am away and give you an update

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
6. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

Hi All,

Were going on 18th April..there was a guy going end of Jan, so i keep looking to see his review, but nothing as yet !! is that good or bad..ha ! we have been to DR a number of times,,and touch wood Never got sick at all, also we have had jab's but never taken any malaria tabs.

Hope you have a good time, and let us know what you think when you get home.

Paula

Boston, MA
10 posts
7. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

I am going this sunday the 6th for a week and will post a review on my return. I have had friends go to OBRAS and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
8. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

As of January 11, 2005, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has received reports of 17 cases of malaria in travelers to resort areas of the Dominican Republic. Plasmodium falciparum malaria has been confirmed in 3 patients from the United States, 6 from Canada, and 8 from European countries, all of whom had recently traveled to areas of the Dominican Republic where malaria had not previously been reported. Sixteen of the patients had traveled to Punta Cana resorts in La Altagracia Province and one to San Francisco de Macor������s in Duarte Province in November 2004. Sixteen returned home during November 3-16, and one returned December 20, 2004. Although all the patients were hospitalized initially and six were critically ill, no deaths have been reported. For more information about these cases, see cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5351a1.htm

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
9. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

HI Sunbum,

Are you stayin in Standard room ? we were thinkin about upgrading so i e.mailed OB Head office and the cost was nearly more than we have paid for the holiday, just wondered out of curiosity, if you notice any costs while your there..would be very greatful if you would let me know on your return..

Have a great Holiday,

Paula

zagreb
5 posts
10. Re: desperate for information on Ocean bavaro resort and spa

Hi!

3 weeks ago me and my friends returned from Ocean Bavarro and I can only say It was great!

Rooms and maids aren't perfect but are OK, and everything else is great.You will enjoy it!