We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

Edmonton, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

Hi all,

We are in the midst of planning a trip to Punta Cana (our first time there), it will be me and my husband along with another couple. We are just debating between the Iberostar Dominicana and the Grand Principe Bavaro? I was hoping to maybe get some insight on the two resorts or which would be preferable.

I appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

We've been to the Iberostar Grand and Gran Bahia Ambar - which are the sister adult-only resorts. If I were to choose between IB Dominica and the Bahia, I'd probably go with the Iberostar just because I find the Bahia a bit too big and the beach very crowded. In the end, however, I think they're quite comparable, so it would probably come down to the best price for me.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

I agree with momluvstorun.

The Bahia is a very nice resort, particularly the Ambar and the Esmeralda, but for the "standard" you can be placed very far from the beach, more that 1km. This would be a deal breaker, at least for me.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,875 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

The Iberostar beaches are much more spread out the the rooms are closer to the beach also, from what I"ve "heard" in the busy months coming up the beaches in front of the Bahia's can be quite crowded to the point you have to walk in the ocean to get around all the loungers.

Have a look at some photos of each of the resorts of the areas that are important to YOU, as we are all different and like different things.

Lots of photos here on TA, webshots and youtube.

Cheers, Debbie

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
878 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

Not trying to take over your post but I have a couple questions regarding these resorts also. What is included regarding the alacartes? Like if you stay at the Iberostar Dominicana, can you eat at the other alacartes in the Iberostar complex? And I've read at the Gran Bahias, you only get 3 nights at an alacarte per week. Is this a problem?

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

You get three a la Carte reservations at Iberostar Dominicana and it's twin Iberostar Punta Cana. They sit side by side and share a la carte selections. You are free to eat in either buffet or drink at any bar in either section.

In regard to the original inquiry, I've been to Ambar and Iberostar Punta Cana and I would select Ambar or Esmerelda over either Iberostar but I would choose Iberostar over either Bahia Bavaro or Principe.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

Iberostar is fabulous. Have stayed at both the Dominicana and the Punta Cana. Dominicana was more lively and PC was quieter and renovated. However I believe they just finished up renovating the Dominicana.

7. Re: Iberostar vs Bahia Principe Bavaro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:42