We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girlfriend Getaway !

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Girlfriend Getaway !

Looking for your expert advice on which resorts would be best for a group of women travelling together. We want a beautiful beach, great food and exciting nightlife. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
733 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

Check with Sell Off Vacations in your area, I know Air Transat has some pretty good deals out of Ontario. Also what is your budget, do you want calm waters or do you like playing in the waves? Time of year really plays a part in pricing too. Punta Cana is one long beach with 90 some resorts so there is a lot to chose from. Check out this link: http://puntacanatv.com/maps, lots of info. Most nite life is on resort as there is no town per say but you can find info on nite life on that link also. Happy researching! HJB (Also, the food in the Dominican can be hit or miss, but there is always something to chose from at the buffets, it is not your standard Canadian fare. And don't forget insulated mugs for your drinks ... especially for the beach or pool, the ice melts in the regular plastic cups they offer in 2 seconds!

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

come to Riu Bambu! we be there :)

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

We loved Bavaro Princess Platinum.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

Yes, oceangirl, Bavaro Princess has been our choice for four "girlfriend" getaways, as well as one other visit I made.

As you know, I never took Platinum there, and never needed it, but since the OP is not from the USA and won't be using Apple, maybe they would need to upgrade.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
592 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

I agree with the Bavaro Princess, but not so sure about "exciting nightlife"....

We've been there many times and never booked Platinum (and we're from Canada!).

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

As to nightlife, we have enjoyed the shows after dinner, then there is usually dance music in the plaza, of course always the company of your friends at the bar. There also is a disco after the shows.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

After enjoying beach cocktails all day, the lobby bar was enough excitement for us!!! We met lots of great people there! Bartenders were great!

ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

Thanks for all the great advice, lots of research to do! We plan to go the end of Febuary.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

While I love Punta Cana, I've never gone with just girlfriends but have been twice to the Gran Bahia Ambar and once to the Iberostar Grand Bavaro and loved both - but like I said, not sure if they would be great for just girls and we aren't into much nightlife so not sure if these would be good (although they both have sister resorts with very lively nightlife - disco's etc - so I've been told!) Two friends of mine went to the Royal Playa del Carmen in Mexico last year and they really loved it and when I was at the Valentin Imperial I met a group of girls and they seemed to be having a lot of fun there.

10. Re: Girlfriend Getaway !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2013, 05:26