We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phone Use

5 posts
Save Topic
Cell Phone Use

I have AT&T from US. If I use my phone in the DR, is it gonna cost me more than my vacation?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,127 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell Phone Use

Why not call AT&T and find out from them, exactly what the charges will be. That's what I did with Verizon... no surprises. I'm guessing AT&T will be able to give you the most accurate and definitive answer to your question. Additionally, they'll be able to tell you of their cell coverage in the DR.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell Phone Use

Most cellphone carriers offer an international travel plan to help save money.

But we have downloaded skype on our phones (or your laptop/tablet) and as long as you are in wifi range, you can make calls to any landline back home for a mere pennies per minute....and if you call someone else who is on skype it is completely free. Again you are depending on wifi - so depending on your needs if may or may not be a problem.......

MD USA
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell Phone Use

What tour group did you book with because Apple Vacations has a app for $15.00 unlimeted texing and Phone

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell Phone Use

I booked with Apple. How does that work?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell Phone Use

You can call FREE to the US and Canada via wifi.

For iPhones, get the Magic Jack or netTALK app

For Android only the netTALK app for now

6. Re: Cell Phone Use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:16