We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana Parasailing

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Cana Parasailing

We parasailed in March 2012 with Scuba Caribe. The cost was $80 for two. There was NO instruction for leaving or returning to the boat but we figured it out on our own. The flight was very cool but I think that flying you over the beach and resorts is way too risky in case you have to put down. The boat traffic is congested and some sails actually pass over others, risking collisions in the air and on the water. One 12 year old boy fell from his `chute and spent the night in hospital while we were there. I will never do this UNREGULATED activity again due to the cavalier attitude of the operators and the inherent risks involved.

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

I am not sure what...if any...regulations there are as far as inspections or safety requirements for certain "excursions" or "activities" in the PC area.

I have heard that all you need is a boat, a rope, a chute and a customer and you are good to go.

That could be from many years ago but thats what I heard

vancouver, wa
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

We had the same horrendous experience with Scuba Caribe. They were harsh, impolite, and literally threw people in and out of the boat and up and down on the parasailing, like you said without instruction. They also drove their boat up onto the beach no less than 30 miles an hour, where many people were walking and could have been hurt badly.

Montana
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

Has anyone tried a different company??

Thanks

Edited: 28 September 2013, 12:37
Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

Thanks for the info!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

the few companies who own together all the Parasailing boats/licenses operate basically all by the same procedures as described above, makes no difference to book with a different outfitter/salespoint etc.

Mike

Boston
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

Hi,

we have been twice think the group was called parasailing adventures booked through our transfer people. Been twice never had a problem they do go out of el-cortecito I believe.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

of course the very very most flights run without any troubles, it is a very small fraction of the over all flights which goes down once in a while into the water, not unusual on such business/activity.

doesn't matter where you book or with whom you book, there are very few operators in all punta cana, as the number of licenses given is limited, you will finally be on the same boats/same outfitters in the specific areas.

Mike

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
123 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

We hadn't planned on parasailing as we've done in Ixtapa, Mexico, loved it and stroked it off the bucket list. We were interested in the zip lining or hot air balloon, but now I'm apprehensive due to safety conditions. Reviews are great for both, but can anyone chime in. Thanks,

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

the balloon tour looks fantastic and safe, never did it but always say " i have to take the time for that flight".

Mike

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,770 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Punta Cana Parasailing

wow, they now have hot air ballooning in Punta Cana... awesome, that's one for my bucket list.