We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport

Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
airport

If my flight leaves a 7am how much time before I need to be a the airport..some one said two hours..ugggg

Hamilton Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport

That's typically the rule of thumb...

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport

Flying out of O'Hare,in Chicago,they tell us 3 hours on International flights

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,077 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport

Yes. Typically, you'll be picked up at your resort, 3 hours before flight time..

Oh... do you mean departing from your home airport? Best to check with your carrier, and you know best what your home airport is like. If it's a quieter one, you may be able to get by with a 90-minute window. But, typically for me, leaving out of one of the big-three NYC airports, it's 2 hours minimum.

Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: airport

Its my flight from Punta Cana. So I need to be there at 5 am uggg

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport

why try to get there as late as you possibly can?

if things are slow on the road or the check in lines are long you end up wondering if you cut things to short and might end up stressing.

I can not see why you want to start your holiday stressed out about your flight.

Be there nice on time, check in and start the holiday vibe there and then. have a drink or a nice meal and be on your ways. 2 hours uggg or 2 hours to relax and realise you soon on your way to your great destination.

I know there is no way I would mind having to be at the airport on time.

Amy

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,418 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport

So it's your flight home FROM Punta Cana.

Well, it's still two hours general rule of thumb.

You'll be leaving your resort VERY early.

But other than breakfast, you really aren't missing anything that you could have enjoyed if you left at the last minute and risked missing your flight home.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport

depends...are you taking a cab? if so you are probably safe arriving 90 miniutes...it was afternoon i would definately say 2 hours.

Lance

Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: airport

thank you everyone..alot of help. I was hoping to book a later flight no such luck.But im sure my seven day prior will be fab..really looking forward to my 1st time pc..

illinois
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport

We fly to punta Cana 3 times a year. Be there at least 2.5 hours befor your flight departs.

Bay Shore N.Y.
Level Contributor
387 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport

Just a word of caution, last year a friend and wife didn't adhere to the 2hr time line, because they would had to get to airport at 5.00am for a flight out at 8.00 am from JFK. They arrived an hour before departure and were told that the plane was on the runway awaiting take off, apparently if 95% of the passengers are there they board the plane early and leave early.

They were put on a flight to Santo Domingo which they took, poor souls not knowing it was a 4hr drive to Bavaro/Punta Cana.