We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What resort is on the calmest water?

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
105 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
What resort is on the calmest water?

My first preference is which hotel has the best beach, as far as the clearest and calmest water, especially for taking out hobie cats. I think I'll worry about the hotel later. After all, this is a BEACH vacation.

So, we'd appreciate any thoughts on which beach would be best for hobie cats, etc...

Thanks!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: What resort is on the calmest water?

I think Barcelo Bavaro beach? Deluxe are the best.

C.P

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,101 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What resort is on the calmest water?

I would have to say the nicest calm stretch of beach is indeed the Barcelo Palace complex (one of the first properties in the area...thus the best beach). Next to that you have IFA and Melia which offer the same beach area. The property has gone through a major reworking and is impressive without being over the top nor dull and uninspiring. The waters off the resort are absolutely perfect for sailing (I am a sailor) with little to worry about in regards to coral heads (a concern in Cabeza del Toro). The waters remain relatively flat but often have a decent breeze to keep you motoring along. Boat traffic is seldom an issue. When I worked at the resorts, I would often sail up the coast to the Cortecito area and then back down to the lagoon near the Barcelo. The wind is often directly onshore which allows a nice easy sail without tack and jybes to get to where you want to go.

Cheers

PCMike

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
105 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What resort is on the calmest water?

The reason I was asking is that I've read alot of posts where people complained that they couldn't take out the hobie cats because the water was too rough that day. My husband has saild in Provinciales (Turks and Caicos), Antigua (Caribbean side) and Riviera Maya where the water was flat (or calm). I think if I drag him allthe way to Punta Cana and he can't take out a hobie, he'd be very disappointed. As for me, I would LOVE to stay at the Iberostar Grand, but I want to go where ever he can spend hours taking the hobie out.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What resort is on the calmest water?

Be aware that most if not all the resorts only allow 1 hr use per day for the hobie cats.

15. Re: What resort is on the calmest water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 05:16