We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which riu has the best overall entertainment?

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which riu has the best overall entertainment?

hi i was just wondering f you could help us decide on which hotel to book,

we are just wanting to know out of the riu palace macao, riu palace punta cana and riu palace bavaro which of these hotels offer the best overall enetertainment in terms of during the day and night.

what are the animation team like? do they get everyone involved?

night time? do they get the crowd involved? any beach parties?

thanks xx

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which riu has the best overall entertainment?

We've found all 3 to be just about equal. But I would give the edge to Palace Bavaro.

The team has alot of energy. They get you involved as much as you choose to be.

Remember it's Punta Cana, not Las Vegas so you're not getting top of the line entertainment at the nightly shows.

ohio
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which riu has the best overall entertainment?

I can only talk about the Palace Punta Cana - just there last week. The animation team was great - don't know how they have that much energy - but, in spite of their best efforts, the entertainment was just so-so. There were shows every night but none too exciting. The best were the ones with audience participation because our fellow guests were funny or making fools of themselves. There were contests in the pool, some activities on the beach (few) but basically it was a laid back resort and seemed like most people just wanted to "chill" and not be entertained. That being said, I think you can visit any of the other Rius so you can stay at one, try it out, and go to the show at the next one if it's not working for you. There were no beach parties at the Palace PC.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which riu has the best overall entertainment?

thank you for your response.

We havent just recently returned from the riu ocho rios in jamaica and absolutely loved it, yes the entertainment was hit and miss, but i absolutely loved the entertainment team and how they got people involved with pool games and dancing on the beach and at the nightly shows, this is how i want my enterntainment. relax or join in, uo to you.

We are thinking we are leaning more towards riu place bavaro as its newer and i love the rooms and the price isnt that much different really.

by the way we are 27/28 is the age range varied?

I have stayed at riu palace aruba and the entertainment is non existent there, so what with riu palace bavaro being a palace resort was hoping the entertainment wasnt the same.

thanks again, any more input we would be very grateful

kelly

4. Re: which riu has the best overall entertainment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 01:17