We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Breathless Punta Cana Resort

HI! I see this is coming up as an option on itravel2000. However, I can find little to no info on the place. Is it brand new or a re-named resort that already exists? Anyone out there know anything about it?

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Dancath do you want to contact me to look at your group inquiry? I'm in Fredericton but book people from all over Canada.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

I contacted the resort inquiring about pre opening specials. I was told they would be having them and to stay tuned. In the past for other AM Resorts they have been in the $99 per person per night range. I know they do this to work out the kinks but worth it IMO. Hope Breathless offers something comparable.

Memramcook, NB
5 posts
Save Reply
63. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Thanks but I already have someone...I was just wondering if the price is better in Feb than in March...lol

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

dancath2120,

while february and march are bothpeak season months with highest occupancy level, february is the even more expensive one and always fully booked.

Mike

Montreal
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
65. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

We were about to book for next Jan but then we realized that Transat offers the upgrade to “preferred club” with this description:

• Personalized check-in and check-out with concierge service

• Upgraded bath amenities

• Two private, Preferred Club pools

• Private Preferred Club Lounge

• Whirlpool on balcony

• Pillow menu

• Complimentary wifi in suite

• Upgraded minibar and room service menu

• Daily continental breakfast service in the lounge

• Complimentary computer access in Preferred Club Lounge

• Pool concierge & bar service

• Private restaurant for breakfast and lunch

• Afternoon hot and cold hors d’oeuvres; exquisite desserts & fine liquors in the lounge

• Complimentary newspaper in room every day

We are wondering if this will really be worth it, the resort being “bracelet free” how will they know if we can have access to the private club/lounge/pools/restaurant? It’s like 400$ more pp…

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

At all AMResorts you have to give your room number when you do ANYTHING. They will know if you are supposed to be there...trust me.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Your room card is your access to the preferred club lounge. Security will also ask randomly your room number and name by the preferred pools. We were just at Secrets Silversands last wee with another couple. They were in a different preferred club building then us and came over to be with us by our club pool. Security came up to them and asked for their room number and name. They have a list to check to confirm.

At Secrets Wild Orchid the room cards for the Preferred Club were different then the non Preferred room cards. They were black with a logo on them for Preferred and you would have to show that if asked.

It would be embarrassing for people if they were told to leave.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

Yes and always make sure you carry your room key with you! Went for a walk on the beach past Dreams La Romana once and did't have my key with me. The guard was not too eager to let me back on the property.

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

As a travel agent I have been to several Secrets resorts as well as other AM Resorts. All have thoroughly impressed me. As far as I am concerned they definitely blow away Sandals.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Breathless Punta Cana Resort

I agree Mike! Way better than Sandals!