We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worksop
Level Contributor
131 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton Punta Cana

Just taken the plunge and booked Royalton Punta Cana for 2 weeks next May. For what will be a 5 star resort on a great section of beach, 10 a-la-cart restaurants and with direct free access to potentially the best Warterpark in the Caribbean (memories splash resort) the price currently being asked by Thomson UK is just too good to pass up. Opening in November this year I'm hoping by next May they will have had chance to sort out any initial teething problems. Suspect that in 12 months time the asking price will be at least £1000 higher once they've started securing repeat bookings. Anyone else taken the gamble yet?

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

Sure have!! Departing March 27th - April 3rd! Can't wait!!

Aghalee, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

Was lookin at this hotel myself, readin the reviews of the hotel before it closed is pretty scary- grand paradise bavaro. Not sure if a makeover will be enough or not

Worksop
Level Contributor
131 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

As the place is closed for 6 months I'm suspecting that this will be a pretty major renovation and I would imagine a completely new management team will be in place for November with proabably alot of new staff aswell. When you compare advertised facilities against the top end RIU properties in PC currently being promoted by Thomson it looks superior IMO yet is around a thousand pounds cheaper for a family of 3. Ultimately it's always going to be a bit of a gamble as its effectively a new build, however for me it's a gamble worth taking....fingers crossed !

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

Yes I have read the same reviews on the old resort. Sounds like vacations from H-E-!-!. But everyone said the brag was phenomenal. I have confidence the kinks will be worked out by the time of our vacation. Most of the issues were due to the spring breakers out of control, lack of food because resort was winding down, disgruntled workers (can't blame them) as their hotel was closing down, and the issues in the rooms should be rectified upon renos. Sunwing Vacations should never have sold packages for tourists to stay there during April. It's a shame they were not more responsive to the clients and hope that they have received some compensation. I have read reviews of the Royalton in Cuba and the place sounds incredible - so I feel less worried that the brand will deliver. In fact I think it will be better as the resort will have better access to food than what Cuba has access to. For sure it's a gamble but one I think that will pay off in memorable memories.

I noticed on a travel website that they are offering Royalton packages to the new resorts in Punta Cana and Jamaica an additional $500 off for packages out of Toronto for November and December packages. That's a bit too risky for me but the price was very attractive! Will be interesting to read the Christmas/New Years reviews...for me that will be a measure of the quality of the management.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 14:59
Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

Meant to say that the reviews if old resort say that the beach is phenomenal - darn autocorrect!

Edited: 16 June 2013, 15:04
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,840 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

"Sunwing Vacations should never have sold packages for tourists to stay there during April. It's a shame they were not more responsive to the clients and hope that they have received some compensation."

Umm doesn't Sunwing own this resort (the Royalton)?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

Morning Deb,

Yes Sunwing technically owns it. It was purchased by Blue Diamond Hotels & Resorts which is a division of Sunwing Travel Group,

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

I booked this hotel about 3 weeks ago for 4th Dec 2013. It will have been open (hopefully!!) about 4 weeks when we go. We usually stay at the Riu hotels but this looks like it is going to be spectacular. Worth taking a chance on. I have just checked the price again and it has already gone up £530 since I booked. Will post my review on my return.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

Look forward to your review Josie!!

9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Royalton Punta Cana

We are definitely taking a chance. as booked for the 13th November for 3 weeks. Price was just to good to miss. Fingers crossed it will be ready.Have read the reviews for Royalton Cuba and it sounds amazing.