We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance - Pools?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance - Pools?

I just read in another post that the Majestic Elegance Club Pools are closed for repair? What kind of compensation is being given to guests who paid for Club amentities? We arrive on Saturday.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

Its not both Elegance pools... in fact its the Majestic pool and one other. They will probably not compensate as they are allowing use of the Colonial facilities... thats a plus!

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

I doubt if they are giving any compensation but are letting you use the Colonial facilities.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 14:37
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

I have heard that all of the pools are in need of the same repair. Does anyone know who to contact to find out a schedule of the repair work being done????

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

Does anybody know how long the repairs are going to take place?

Why is the use of Colonial facilities a plus?

Miramichi, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

I am concerned about the "Elegance Club Pool". Will it be open for my arrival on Oct 5th? I'm gonna be hoppin' mad if it is not, based on the amount of money I just paid for our fall getaway. Damit I just booked this two days ago, grrrrrrrrrrr. Any insight on completion dates AND which pools exactly are being re-tiled ?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

No idea on the completion, our friends were notified when they woke up today by a note under the door that they were closing 2 Elegance pools today and that they had full run of the Colonial side. I think its a plus because last week we spent more time at their pool bar than our own. The Elegance side was dead, no people to talk to and the tiles were in such bad shape that some you could see and avoid, other places you could not see and I ended up cutting my toe. A lot of the tiles were missing at the places you get in and out. In the foam, at the foam party, it was difficult to see where you were stepping and that made for a lot of ouchies :)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

There are two CLUB pools away from the regular Elegance pool, the one we had a room at was fine.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

There are 4 club pools so if they close one I can't see it being a big problem. But I can see some people will use it to see about getting some money back or some free room upgrades.

And does conpensation only come in the form of money in order for us to be happy?

I can see a rash of bad reviews coming within the next few months.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

I sent an email and got a response (impressed that it was sent and received in less than an hour). This is a part of the email:

"About the pools renovations, we are doing this one poll at the time, so actually most of our guest will not notice this. Right now for example there is only one small pool closed."

They also attached a note that I assume the current guests received about the "alternative program". How can I post a PDF to my post?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance - Pools?

It's not so much the compensation but I paid for Club level but now it seems like everybody will be using all the amenities which I could care less except for I was really loving the no kids rule of the club side. Why pay more for something when it is now open to everybody? I will still love my vacation regardless but I am feeling a bit like I'm not getting what I paid for.