We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless in Punta Cana?

Belfast, Maine
3 posts
Save Topic
Topless in Punta Cana?

My bf and I are thinking of vacationing in Punta Cana and staying at the Princess Punta Cana Resort. Will I be allowed to sunbath nude or at least topless at the pool and or Beach?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

topless on the hotelbeaches is tolerated.

nude sunbathing is not allowed in punta cana

Mike

Belfast, Maine
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

Is topless allowed at the Resort pool?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

Generally not, but there are a topless pools at certain resorts. Hard Rock has one.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

Will I be allowed to sunbath nude?

You might want to consider Cancun or Jamaica, Negril has several resorts, as does Cancun.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

I know you already booked, but check out this other thread for future options:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k71432…

Edited: 24 January 2014, 10:32
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

I haven't been to Punta Cana Princess in a few years but it was allowed at the pool when I stayed. They had a Women's Volleyball Team staying there and they played volleyball, topless, everyday in the pool. My girlfriend stayed there a month ago and said she didn't see any signs prohibiting it. I'm sure someone that has been there recently, can confirm.

If you desire a resort that allows nude, I would not select Punta Cana. Do your research, there is a resort that will fit your needs. Enjoy!

Belfast, Maine
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

Thank You Tingy! Very helpful. Good to get the info now then to take top off and create and international incident. LOl

Thetford Mines
Level Contributor
749 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

If you have not booked there are other options that you might prefer such as the Hard Rock in Punta Cana or Temptation resorts as well as Hedonism resorts. Even if it is an adult resort it does not mean that they allow topless at the pools but there are usually a few topless at the beach, even a few walking along the shore but definitely not the majority.

Enjoy your trip

Whitby
Level Contributor
820 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

We just returned from Punta Cana Princess. No topless around the pool and very few on the beach, agree with Daisy, it definitely is not the majority.

Sue

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Topless in Punta Cana?

We were at Punta Cana Princess in November. There were plenty of topless women around the pool then. I think it just depends on the guests during the time you're there.