We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking

Hi

We are seriously considering Grenada and are looking at accommodation options. We are smokers though (sorry, but I hope we are considerate ones!). We are used to no smoking laws in the UK so wouldn't expect to smoke inside our room or in restaurants and bars etc but we do enjoy a smoke and a glass of wine on the balcony. I have searched the forum but the posts are quite old so I wondered if anybody had some up to date info about hotels which permit smoking on balconies?

Many thanks in advance!

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking

My husband is a considerate smoker and he smokes on the balcony at the Allamanda on Grand Anse Beach. No problem. The cleaning staff give him an ashtray to use. If he smokes on the beach, he does not leave butt there but puts it in his pocket for disposal later. Same is true if he steps outside a restaurant to smoke. The butt stays with him.

2. Re: Smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2012, 07:30
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking

Thanks both - useful to know and Sandra I agree about not leaving cigarette butts behind.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
76 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking

My hubby is a smoker, and we stayed at the Flamboyant hotel. There was an ashtray for use on the balcony area, outside the room. As others have stated he wouldn't have "lit up" in the room or any where else indoors.

Smoking was permitted on the beach, and in the outdoor bar area. He tended to distance himself, away from the non smokers.

He doesn't leave butts anywhere, other than an ashtray or bin.

Smoking was permitted on the Shadowfax catamaran trip we did.

Don't consider going to Grenada....GO

It is a fabulous island that we would visit again...tomorrow......

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking

Thanks nasa that is very useful information.

6. Re: Smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:18