We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter or Motorbike rental

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter or Motorbike rental

I'll soon be over in Grenada for a couple of months & need affordable transport. My efforts to find a scooter rental business have failed - can anyone help ?

boston
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

I don't believe one exists. It makes sense since the road are hilly and twisty. Its taking your life in your hands to ride one on Grenada. I only recall seeing one motorcycle as well.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

Would have to agree with jdgosox. I have not seen a scooter rental, and even if there was one, I would highly discourage anyone from renting one and using it as their means of transportation on the island. If you see the way the bus drivers drive, you'll understand why.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

Echoing the above sentiments...I really wouldn't consider a scooter in Grenada. I do recall seeing one there on my last trip and one might be useful for running around the college campus area, but I don't think they're available for rent.

Thankfully the bus is cheap, fairly flexible and the people are friendly enough...

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

Thanks everyone !

I ride a scooter in central London - and that is not for the faint-hearted !

I followed up a link to kevin@grenadainfoandactivities - but I could not get through. A guy called Kevin Spronk was the person in question who provided a rental service - anybody know him ?

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

Anny - keep in mind, however, that Grenada has pot holes big enough to swallow a scooter and its rider - not to mention very hilly roads with sheer drops down the mountain or into the ocean. Driving there is very treacherous - many of the roads are only about 1 1/2 cars wide and they allow parking on both sides, reducing the roads to about 1 car width, especially in the smaller towns and St. George.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

Thank you for your response.

I know the roads in Grenada very well, having visited about 25 times over the past 10 years.

I usually visit for 2 or 3 weeks and rent a car for the duration. But, this time I need to be more cost-minded, as I'll be there for 7 weeks.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

You can try contacting them here

grenadainfoandactivities.com/index.php/conta…

The scooter rentals page on that website does not have any info though.

Brentwood TN
Level Contributor
141 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

I didn't see one the entire time we were there this week. Once you get used to the bus system, you'll love it! Very colorful and runs just about anywhere you'd want to go. Taxis are expensive. $40EC.

London,UK
Level Contributor
164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

Just in case anyone else is interested, i saw quite a few scooters on the road in St.Georges this year and took the liberty of finding out which company they used.

The name that popped up the most was these guys:

http://www.maitlandsrentals.com

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scooter or Motorbike rental

Nice job, UKbaby...very useful info!

Unfortunately, I still don't have the cajones to ride a scooter in GND lol

Get answers to your questions about Grenada