We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

From a few of the reviews I've read online it seems like there may be a Sandals LaSource operated snorkeling trip.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Does it depart every day? Where does it go?

How is the snorkeling?

Is there an additional cost?

Any info you have would be great. We're headed down next week and like to do alot of snorkeling. Just wondering how much I need to book with outside vendors.

Thanks so much!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

Thanks for asking, we'd like this info as well !

Beachwood NJ
Level Contributor
811 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

I do know that all snorkeling trips with Sandals are included and that they run everyday. Not sure how often they go out each day and how many locations they go to. I am interested in that info as well :)

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

Anyone know if they go to the underwater park where the sculptures are? Looks really interesting.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

I read in one of the reviews that they do go to the sculpture park, I guess we'll have to ask or specify which snorkel spot we want to see …..

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

Would also like to know about this as well.....from the pictures, it looks really interesting!!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

Thought that since I am back I should probably respond to my own post for all of you that are curious!!!

Sandals offers daily snorkeling trips at 11am. They are included (no additional cost) - not part of the Island Routes excursions. They try to go someplace different everyday. On our second trip out they polled the boat to see who had been on the tour the day before to see if they would need to change their plans. The locations will also depend on the visibility. Feb/March is apparently not the best snorkeling time of year - the currents are strong and the visibility wasn't great.

You are usually out on the boat for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs depending on location and the snorkel team are great guides and it is all very safe.

Sadly we weren't all that impressed with the snorkeling itself. The reef is not in good shape and the fish we saw were very small. It is a great opportunity to get out and swim in the ocean though - especially since the beach area at the hotel is small.

Several people on one of our trips were stung (myself included) by what they call "juveniles" - small jelly fish that are invisible to you. The sting only lasts a couple minutes and doesn't leave a mark, but was a bit startling when you didn't know to expect it.

Definitely recommend taking advantage of it, but might not want to pack all your snorkeling gear if you're an expert. What they provide is great, including snorkeling vests and not bulky life jackets.

Enjoy!

Manorville, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

Thanks, I was hoping someone would answer your original question. We are leaving next week and I was wondering if the sculpture park is one of the Sandals snorkeling trips? Do you know? How was the snorkeling off the beach at the resort? I'm sure not too great but was hoping to see some cool fish at least. Thanks!

VA
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

We went on the 1pm snorkeling trip and they took us to some reefs. It was okay, nothing to great, but they do take you to different places. I don't think snorkeling to the sculpture park was an option. I think you have to dive for that. If you go a couple of times and make your self know to the snorkel guides they will take you different spots. Sandles did not allow us to take the snorkel gear to the beach. Was only allowed to be used on the snorkel tour. :( The beach area seems like you might seem some cool fish around.

Manorville, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

Thanks so much for your quick response!! I will check it out when I get there. I usually bring my own equipment so I can snorkel off the beach, so I will check it out and let everyone on here know. Some of my best snorkeling has been off the beach, especially on Sandals private island in the Bahamas...amazing!! Way better than going on the snorkel boat. Saw sea turtles, huge grouper, huge parrot fish, tons of fish on the reef there. I know Grenada will be nothing like that but still fun to go off the beach. Thanks again!

Manorville, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals LaSource Snorkeling

Update to this post for anyone going to Sandals LaSource (Grenada)....first off the resort is AMAZING! It is now one of my favorite Sandals resorts. As for snorkeling, you CAN snorkel off the beach! This is part of what boosted this resort to one of my favorites. There are beautiful fish right off the jetties, including sargeant majors, angel fish, trumpet fish, and tons of other pretty fish. However, the real snorkeling is behind the rope on the other side of the jetties and to the west. I saw a huge sting ray, a shoal of fish (scared the life out of me!!), and I even for the first time saw a little octopus. I highly recommend you bring your own equipment so you can experience this amazing snorkel spot whenever you want right off the beach!

Get answers to your questions about St. George's