We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cormier La Plage or Des Lauriers? Which is better and why?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Cormier La Plage or Des Lauriers? Which is better and why?
Save

We are coming for two nights Monday 8/14 and 15 and wondering which is better? I have a room booked at Cormier but can change at this point if comments suggest other is better. (We also want to see the Citadelle and town area and beach). Thank you for your replies. Right now I can change and want to make sure I have the best option.

2 replies to this topic
Harlingen, TX
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
54 reviews
163 helpful votes
1. Re: Cormier La Plage or Des Lauriers? Which is better and why?
Save

@ncraiderchic -

As a past guest of Habitation des Lauriers, you can read my review here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147308-d1965416-r245293765-Habitation_des_Lauriers-Cap_Haitien_Nord_Department_Haiti.html

IMHO, at Cormier La Plage, you are going to be in the middle of nowhere, so logistically, it will be much more difficult to see Cap-Haitien and the Citadelle. My recommendation is to change your reservation to Habitation des Lauriers and then have James, the son of the owner of Habitation des Lauriers, provide your tours to the Citadelle and Cormier La Plage.

In the interest of full disclosure, please note that James and I are friends on Facebook and that I do not receive any financial "kickbacks" from him for recommending his hotel and tour services. I am simply recommending him and his hotel to you because you will be in the Cap-Haitien area for a short time. Not only is James an efficient guide, but he is also young and passionate about Haiti.

Please let us know what you decide to do.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Cormier La Plage or Des Lauriers? Which is better and why?
Save

Of course it depends of what you like, if you like to wake up in front of beach on a quiet morning and take a walk on the Beach Cormier Plage is definitively what you should book, beside the beautiful garden you have in the Hotel, they used to be good at Haitian food.. it is about 10 minutes drive from Cap-Haitian,The hotel can arrange a citadelle Tours for you.

Habitation des Lauriers is where you guest the best view of the City, but the road to go up there is narrow and in a overpopulated neighborhood which may scare you as you going up there, then after that you will be in good hand once you are inside. They also organize tours to La Citadelle..Hope you will have a good trip to Haiti.

Reply to: Cormier La Plage or Des Lauriers? Which is better and why?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.