We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current safety in Cap Haitian

Valley Center...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
Current safety in Cap Haitian
Save

Scheduled to arrive in Cap on 2/22/2020 and staying at the Residence Royale but driving to the. Village of Jean Michel daily. This of course is during Carnaval season.I have have been to Haiti many times but the current risks concern us. Any thoughts?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
818 posts
1. Re: Current safety in Cap Haitian
Save

Political issues have been quiet lately, if that is what you are referring to.

Other local issues may be best answered by any associates you have there.

Valley Center...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Current safety in Cap Haitian
Save

Thanks. I appreciate the input

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
18 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: Current safety in Cap Haitian
Save

we’re currently in the port au prince area and there’ve been road blocks from the city up to arcahaie, but we haven’t heard any word of unrest in okap.

Valley Center...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Current safety in Cap Haitian
Save

Thanks, I tHink we will be fine

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
18 reviews
35 helpful votes
5. Re: Current safety in Cap Haitian
Save

i think so, too.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: Current safety in Cap Haitian
Save

no problem. tourists are rarely menaced except for monetary handouts in cap haitian. the rastavek kids in port-au-prince are non-existant here. you would be in more danger in the dominican republic for sure.

7. Re: Current safety in Cap Haitian

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2021, 14:40
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.