We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
878 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien
Save

Hi,

Where can i get a big bus from Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien (where do they leave from), how much is it, how long is the ride and is it possible to take an overnight bus?

6 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Level Contributor
818 posts
1. Re: Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien
Save

General transport heading north departs from an area downtown near Cite Soleil - Carrefour Aviation.

Some of the larger bus companies base elsewhere - search this page for their numbers, info, and directions: http://www.manmanpemba.com/hotels/transport/page/2/

I don't recommend being on the roads at night in Haiti, if it can be helped. It is unlikely the larger companies do this run at night, although I am sure there are a few small drivers who do.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
878 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien
Save

Thank's

I only found one bus company that go to CAP in your link.

Do you know if there's any big bus company that travel to CAP from Carefour Aviation?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
818 posts
3. Re: Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien
Save

my understanding is that the company above is the only 'nice' bus company. The rest will be big buses, school buses, camions, taptaps, etc. I have not heard of another 'big' company on that route.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
878 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien
Save

What do u mean by "nice" company? So from Carefour aviation there are no big buses leving for CAP?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
818 posts
5. Re: Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien
Save

well, what do you mean by big buses?

Le Transporteur has air conditioning, comfortable seats, bathroom aboard, etc. That is 'nice'. If size is what is important, I am certain there are some larger buses departing from Carrefour Aviation, but I would not count on them having the amenities found on the Le Transporteur bus.

The least expensive modes of transport will be found at the Carrefour - the camions (big trucks with plank seats in the back) are usually the cheapest.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
878 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien
Save

Ok, now i understand.

Thank's :-)

Reply to: Port Au Prince to Cap Haitien
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.