We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

My husband and I want to try Jamaica next year, after being to Sandals in Cuba and Iberostar in the Dominican. We want somewhere with a nice beach to walk on each morning, nothing too loud or too big. And it doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and comfortable.

Any of you experienced travellers have any opinions for us?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

Couples Resorts. There are 4 of them in Jamaica

Go to www.couples.com they have a wonderful forum where you can research and ask questions.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

Best is certainly relative but based on the details in your post, I would agree that Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away would be good choices. Both on great beaches with simple but comfortable rooms and very good food and service. Couples Negril is the smaller of the two with an intimate ambiance and lovely grounds.

If you can afford a bit more, Jamaica Inn is another very good choice.

Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,549 Reviews
Jamaica
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,755 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica Inn
Jamaica Inn
1,439 Reviews
Jamaica
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

Greetings cinster, how are thnigs out on the rock?

Couples are nice resorts but they are significantly more costly than the other places you mentioned. Personally I don't care for them all that much but they are popular with the american tourists. I don't suggest you look for info on their website forums though, as they are highly censored and monitored. If you want more unbiased info you're better off here on Trip Advisor.

Imo the best all round, adult only, all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica are Breezes Runaway Bay and Breezes Grand Negril. Both have fabulous beaches, both have excellent dining and service, both are a perfect 'middle-size' and both are the best priced, quality all-inclusives in Jamaica.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

By the way, I've got some photos here of both Breezes if you want to get a better idea of what they're like:

travel.webshots.com/album/575519573OxyPLa

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

Sandals Whitehouse or Sandals Negril or Couples Swept Away by far head and shoulders above Breezes.. Breezes is more like a Motel 6 but all inclusive and run poorly with the new management! but the best Adult only properties aren't really known for the beaches! Royal Plantation not a big beach but only 73 or so suites, Then the Caves (on the Cliffs) they allow kids over 12 or 16 but have yet to see any there!

Mentioned in this post
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Negril Beach...
5,830 Reviews
Jamaica
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,755 Reviews
Jamaica
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

As in everything, different strokes.

Sunset Jamaica Grande is a concrete, high rise hotel, and the beach was not great for walking when I stayed there. It felt like a Holiday Inn with rooms and foods to match. Quite antiseptic except for the pretty pool area. Good nightlife if you like a party atmosphere. Not a place I would return to personally.

IMO and IME, Couples Resorts offer a significantly better all around experience than Breezes Grand Negril in terms of food, service and overall property and amenities. We stayed at BGN in March and were quite disappointed. We stayed at Couples Negril for one night same trip and are headed back next weekend for a longer stay. We felt that Couples was much nicer in all aspects though the beach at BGN is also beautiful.

Many resorts are popular with American tourists and that was certainly the bulk of the crowd at Breezes. A fair number of Brits come to Jamaica as well and we have met quite a few during our multiple stays at Couples resorts.

Mentioned in this post
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
2,935 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,549 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,295 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

As Sandals regulars we have to mention that there seven different Sandals Resorts on Jamaica. We certainly like the couples-only all-inclusive features that Sandals offers. I have said repeatedly that Sandals is "a classy resort without being stuffy".

SN is more in the mid sized resort, whereas the WH is larger. SN has excellent restaurant and an outstanding staff that is sincerely friendly. The WH has a second to none beach!! Also, the WH has three super pools. You really can't go wrong with either one.

Also, there are three Sandals in the MoBay area and two more in the Dunns/Ocho's area. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Southern California
Level Contributor
403 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

Here is a link to a blog with some great recent pics of Couples Negril which will give you a good idea of this resort.

christinehopaluk.com/blog/…

christinehopaluk.com/blog/…

I have stayed at many AI resorts in Mexico and Jamaica and this is by far the best I have stayed at. Value wise, you get alot of inclusions. You can pay less elsewhere, but you must remember to check what is shown with a * (like extra for wifi or extra for excursions, etc...).

Happy hunting!!!

Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,549 Reviews
Jamaica
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

BEST in Negril. Moon Dance Villas. Spectacular!!!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
So. California
Level Contributor
823 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best adult only all inclusive resort in jamaica?

What a question to get everybody pushing their favorite resort. From what is being asked I thank that they could be happy at any of the Couples resorts, Sandals or Breezes Grand Negril or Runaway Bay. I just hope this dosen't turn into another thread of Couples and Breezes fans having a pi***ng contest.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica