We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a new TA

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a new TA

Hey guys.....I will be going back to IRHS for Easter again in 2013....even better would be the February break...but, I want the best price...anyone have an amazing TA they can suggest?????? Im looking for 10 nights.....ive been there twice already. my travel agent ifs just soooo.....blah....i've used her for years, she never throws a perk at me...I referred 5 people to her, who all booked.trips and not even a.thank you! Im in the market for a new one....

Plantation, Florida
Level Contributor
675 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a new TA

I don't understand why you'd need one, however, if it were me I'd politely confront her by asking her if she doesn't think you're due some sort of perk for being a customer so long and sending people her way. If she blows off your question, then advise her that you understand and if she just can't then you'll find someone new who can. If you're in the office, nicely apoligize, shake hands and proceed to walk out. At this point she'll probably find she suddenly just may be able to do something... If not, keep it moving. Say thank you and leave. Be nice, but firm and find someone else if she doesn't. My suggestion, shop online and book yourself! No middle person, no hassles and you can find great prices if you take the time.

Edited: 02 May 2012, 18:12
Virginia
Level Contributor
912 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a new TA

Using a TA costs you nothing and can be a really life saver at times if something goes wrong. I would always get 2 or 3 quotes for any trip and compare to the prices online as well.

A couple I know to be reliable and competent are DennyP.com and GoClassy.com. Both are excellent, but I know also that there are many other good ones out there too.

All the best-

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a new TA

I always attempt to do it myself, but I find she gets a little better of a price....I am going to try Mr iberostar maybe next time...I actually did ask her for perks...anything....she did blow it off! so im going to do lots if shopping around and see what I come up with

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a new TA

Thanks rhva....I will keep them on my list!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a new TA

Ive had excellent service and pricing from Mark at Tripguy travel. mark@tripguy.com

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a new TA

My vote goes to Ruth at Tripguy travel. ruth@tripguy.com.

She is Irielady here on TA.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for a new TA

I agree with Blue G - your travel plans sound simple enough for you to do it yourself, especially if you are not thrilled with your agent.

But...if you insist on using one I suggest seeking one out that really KNOWS Jamaica and its resorts. Onestop is one of those agencies - and Jamaicasteve on this board is an agent out of Montreal (I believe) that knows his stuff when it comes to anything Jamaica.

Edited: 03 May 2012, 12:39
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,563 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for a new TA

Just asking but is it not enough of a perk the fact she can always get a better price for you?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for a new TA

Thanks Sunmagic, I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what kind of perk you are looking for. It is not the TA who can always get them, it is the resorts, etc that you frequent.

Besides, she might already be giving you a perk that you are not aware of, she maybe discounting your rates with her selling bonuses. You know if she sells X number of rooms, she gets a night free or the equivelent, she might be giving you the whole discount. Reducing your total cost.

Edited: 03 May 2012, 13:58
Powhatan, VA
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for a new TA

We usually book our Sandals trip direct on property for our next trips and shop air on our own. That is the best way to get perks through them.

We booked for the first time w/ allinclusiveoutlet.com b/c they were the only site that i found that included the transer...orbitz, expedia, travelocity, cheap caribbean all were separate and added cost...Also, the girls there were very helpful. It is a site where you can book on your own, but they are there to assist too.

When going on a short notice (w/in a few months) I prefer to use a TA.