We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

topless in jamaica which resorts

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Gros Morne National Park
Level Contributor
720 posts
451 reviews
Save Topic
topless in jamaica which resorts

Was wondering if other travelers to jamaica can answer, as this will be our first time to jamaica. My wife enjoys going topless on the beach but not realy into to staying at a hedo type resort. Is topless allowed in jamaica or aceptable at other resorts besides the adult only hedo type resorts. We have been to Tahit and the DR with no problems going topless any suggestions on resorts or beaches we are in our mid 40's not big party people, and would enjoy not alot of small kids around and all-inclusive at least 4 stars

Thx

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
35 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

Greyhound you post a great question! I am also travelling to Jamaica in April for the first time, and i was wondering the exact same thing. Hopefully we will get some good feedback from folks in the know on this subject.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

Grand Lido Negril has a clothing optional beach.

Grand Lido Braco has an au naturel (nude) beach.

Both of these are upscale resorts with excellent food and great service. Both have textile beaches as well.

All of the Couples resorts except Swept Away have au naturel beaches. Nice resorts, but au naturel, not clothing optional.

Sunset Beach Resort & Spa is more moderate and a family resort but has a nude beach area.

These are the ones that stand out in my mind. I'm sure there are others, but I would recommend either of the Grand Lidos. We prefer Negril for it's beaches.

Enjoy!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

I usually stay with Sandals and always see a couple women here and there topless. Not around the pools, but it's tolerated on the beach (unless other guests complain). At Sandals Royal Caribbean in MoBay they have an off shore island that has a clothing optional beach. As far as other A/I adults only resorts, I believe Couples has a resort in Negril with a c/o beach. I know there are others, I'm just not sure which ones are AI.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

Overall, the Jamaican people are conservative and you will not see them practicing this. But, it is tolerated on many of the tourist beaches.

As far as resorts that meet your requirements. See my recommendations above.

I would stay away from Sandals however because they pretty much have a policy that it is not allowed, but it might be tolerated unless another guest complains. Except at SRC as mentioned above.

Be sure not to confuse clothing optional with au naturel if you only want topless.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
35 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

resort i am going to is Royal Decameron Montego Bay, thats where i want to go topless but not get arrested lol

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

Pat...RDMB has a no nude sunbathing policy...they have signs posted everywhere.

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Gros Morne National Park
Level Contributor
720 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

I do know of the nude beach thing but is topless alowed at the resorts is it common to see topless women on the beaches of jamaica like you do in the DR or Tahiti is the true question the pool area I can see as being off limits maybe,

but will not go a resort if being topless on the beach can get you removed so is it common place on the beaches to go topless

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

it's really not common....some Europeans do it but as MKA said...the Jamaicans find it tasteless and somewhat disrespectful.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

better said....the jamaicans put up with it (mostly europeans) but don't like it.

Lafayette, LA
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: topless in jamaica which resorts

MKA68 seems to know alot about which resorts allow this sort of thing. I have only been to Sandals. Sandals Royal Caribbean as mentioned prior does allow topless on the private island. The other Sandals properties will not do anything unless another person complains then they will ask you to cover up. But the Royal is known for the clothing optional on the private island.