We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Whitehouse vs Sandals Montego Bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Whitehouse vs Sandals Montego Bay

My husband and I are in our 30's, pretty laid back and really our top priority is great food and a relaxing time. Is the Whitehouse worth the extra money compared to Sandals Montego Bay?

Also, for those of you who have been there, is there any room service included in the all-inclusive? We were at Dreams Cancun last year and loved having an occasional breakfast in bed. We are also open to suggestions of other great AI's in Jamaica-

Thanks for your thoughts-

bmt
Limestone,New York
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Whitehouse vs Sandals Montego Bay

There is no comparison between the two. The Whitehouse is whiteglove service, very large and magnificent. It is also a fairly laid back resort depending where you go, with numerous options for you to choose from if you want.

Mobay is the first sandals and shows its age although they are updating the resort. This resort is more upbeat with parties at the bars. One thing to keep in mind the runway for the airport is directly behind the resort, It was very loud at times but you sorta get use to it, just wave bye at them and blow them a kiss, because they can see you.

We have been to both as you may be able to tell and the Whitehouse wins hands down with us. We would stay at both again but they both have their drawbacks (with the Whitehouse you have a long road trip to the resort, with Mobay it is dated and right next to the airport).

As far as room service you have to choose a room category that offers that, which is offered at both resorts. Sandals royal carribean may be another choice for you as it prices out well, close to the airport without the noise so to speak although there is some and it is very laid back and elegant. Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have. Enjoy your trip whichever resort you may choose

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Whitehouse vs Sandals Montego Bay

If those are your options, Whitehouse wins without any thread of doubt.

Also consider Couples Resorts, Grand Lido Resorts, Sunset at the Palms, etc.

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Whitehouse vs Sandals Montego Bay

I too would say Whitehouse hands down. The only problem is the drive (about 90 minutes) and even this is not too bad as you get to see the countryside.

As for room service, you have to be concierge level or above in order to get room service.

Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Whitehouse vs Sandals Montego Bay

I had the same questions myself and ended up booking 4 nights at the Whitehouse (conceirge level- a must I have been advised) and 3 nights at MoBay (in the new Bay Rock Villas with Butler service) in June 2008. I am very excited to see what both have to offer. I hear SMB has the best beach/crystal water and that is very important to me. I hear that the beaches at the Whitehouse can be murky at times and have a lot of seagrass and jelly fish and stingrays and seaurchins. I enjoy sealife but not when i step on them. I am not looking forward to wearing watershoes. I was told to bring benadryl in case of a sting and bug spary for sand fleas. I did read that you can walk off the resort 5 minutes past the french village to a very secluded crystal clear perfect sand beach. (I think I read somewhere too that there may run into alligators...after all WH is in a 500 acre nature preserve). All in all I think both are unique and have wonderful differences. I am pretty happy with my decision to try out both to see for myself.

I heard the planes at SMB are not a big deal at all. I also live near Dulles International airport near DC and I have planes flying over my house every 2-5 minutes... some days they have the flight path directly over us and the planes are pretty low and I can hear the plane noise above the tv. This really does not bother me at all even when they fly over at 2 am. I actually like the sound, but that's me. I also have to tell you that it is much better than the fighter jets that used to fly over my apartment when I lived in Virginia Beach...now that is LOUD and makes commercial planes sound like birds chirping!!!

It took awhile of researching all of the Sandals in Jamaica and I think both MoBay and the Whitehouse seem to be a perfect match for me and my hubby! I guess I like the best of both worlds! Not only that I think we will be less inclined to spend money on excursions because we will be going to two different parts of Jamaica and will have just enough time to enjoy the amenites that each has to offer. In MOBay we can also visit Sandals Royal Carribbean if we want as well. Oh and we will be missing the horrible crazy cruise people that I hear invade and crowd the MoBay Sandals every Wednesday! They tell guests to book excursions to avoid this. My TA did say that if wanted we could see YS Falls/zipline on the way back to MoBay. I will be probably ready to see MoBay already so we probably wont, but it is a great idea for those that want to do that tour but dont want to take away a whole day doing it. I also like that at the end of our trip we will only be a few minutes away from the airport and will be able to sleep in and enjoy our last day there!

Hope this helps... sorry if it is long winded! I am so looking forward to going that I could talk about this all day!

5. Re: Sandals Whitehouse vs Sandals Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 00:24