We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

choosing a room at Sandals Whitehouse

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
choosing a room at Sandals Whitehouse

We are going to Sandal's Whitehouse in February and have booked a Premium room. I understand that would be 2nd floor French Village or 1st floor Dutch and Italian. If the Dutch Village overlooks the pool and beach, how private are the balconies if you are on the first floor? Can you walk out from your balcony to the beach/pool? How noisy are the French Village rooms if they overlook the pool with the activities and music?

I prefer to overlook the ocean/beach-would I be better off requesting the Italian village? I really don't want a view of the pool as I have a pool at home, but not a beach!

I am looking for a very relaxing vacation and don't care to do "activities" such as volleyball, etc. My idea of the perfect warm vacation is a good book, a chair in the shade and long walks on the beach. I get enough site-seeing at other times.

TC, MI
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: choosing a room at Sandals Whitehouse

DP... The French Village balcony's would not be private and could be a little loud. The pool bar and many of the scheduled activities are there.

The Dutch Village has a small (quiet pool) and imo the best views of the beach. It's usually quiet.

The Italian Village has only a hottub with a fair view of the beach, but there are more trees blocking the view than at the Dutch. It's also next to the main pool where the other activities are offered.

You can't walk off any balconies to the beach. If you want that access, request the first floor (but you sacrifice your view).

I've tried to remain impartial so you can decide for yourself... hope this helped.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: choosing a room at Sandals Whitehouse

I pretty much agree with the last post. From you have described as to what you want, try to avoid the French village. Very active pool area that can get a bit loud at times, depending of course on the guests that are there that week. The Dutch village was the quietest, and even the pool view has an ocean view. We stayed in the Italian village, which was our favorite. It's closest to the main pool and piazza area so you don't have to do much walking. I don't recall hearing anything from that area in our room or even out on the balcony. The view of the beach/ocean was amazing from our room. So to sum it up... I would recommend anything but the French village for you! just my 2 cents :-) Have a great trip!

Kat

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: choosing a room at Sandals Whitehouse

Thank you to all of those who responded to my post. I have e-mailed Sandals with my room(s) request. Am eagerly anticipating my holiday. Just a few more weeks!

4. Re: choosing a room at Sandals Whitehouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Montego Bay
Recent Conversations