We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
113 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

Hi All,

Does anyone have any updates as to when this resort will be opening?

Thanks in advance!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,937 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

I thought the project had been put on hold indefinately.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

jtbonline.org/resources/…20Bay.pdf

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

The last I heard from Excellence was that they were hoping to have it open by 2012

jamaica
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

I don't think this hotel is going to happen.....NOTHING has been done for at least a year, maybe more. I think they are unable to proceed because of ecological issues & close proximaty to Luminous Lagoon. We don't want to lose that national treasure!

jamaica
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

Check out this previous thread for more info.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k994479…

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

Yeah, I hope that project crashes and burns, so to speak.

That reported design is a disaster waiting to happen. It would be a shame on a level even higher than any of the other megaresort development fiascos if this project comes to fruition.

Be smart, Excellence. Think about it. Look at the analysis.

If Excellence wants to build a resort in Jamaica the right way, I am all for it - but please don't build it there and in that way.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

Let's hope they do their research and realize jamaica doesn't need another mega resort.

Who exactly is going to be filling up ALL these mega resort rooms? Sorry but I don't for one second believe there is a NEED. A want maybe but not a need.

Another environmentally frightening issue for the North Coast. They North coast has had enough foreign bastardization to deal with through the Bahia construction.

Also...Falmouth plans on having a cruise ship port?

Hold onto your hats kids ..it's gonna be a bumpy ride. :(

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

The destruction of Pear Tree Bottom would be child's play compared to the reported design of the Excellence Oyster Bay.

Going through with the project would make the environmental disasters at the Bahia, Palladium, Rius, etc. pale in comparison.

If you care, READ the environmental report I posted in the thread linked by ja_jewel. It is pretty scary actually - that a company could get a report that bad and then still, supposedly, want to go through with the project.

I can only hope the 'delay' in construction has at least something to do with reconcidering and not simply the economy.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

>>>>Who exactly is going to be filling up ALL these mega resort rooms? Sorry but I don't for one second believe there is a NEED.

Exactly, however this all really falls on the governments plan to add 2/3's more rooms to the island. A plan that is far from being reached but already is showing signs of failure. Regardless of the current state of economy. It is just simply ridiculous & needs to be reconsidered & stopped

10. Re: Excellence Oyster Bay Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 02:16