We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day pass at Riu MoBay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
619 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Day pass at Riu MoBay

We have friends getting married at Riu MoBay. If we stay at another hotel, can we buy a day pass to the Riu to attend the wedding? Any ideas on cost for such a thing?

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

WHy are you thinking of staying at GP? Just curious. Just in case you didnt know GP is out in the middle of no where. It would not be my first pick. Have talked to many that stayed there and were not happy. RIU does offer day passes. Not sure what the cost is. We are headed there next month. I was thinking about calling there today with some questions on our room choice. If I do I will ask the cost of a day pass!

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
619 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

Only looking at GP as a cost measure. For 2 adults and a child, GP is about $3600 compared to $4800 at Riu MoBay. Riu took a big jump last week (I couldn't book until after Friday because my mom was having surgery). You snooze you lose I guess. Now I'm looking at other options.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

Did you check cheapcarribean.com? Are you looking at packages? It might be that air went up?? Holidayinn sunspree is pretty close to RIU.( Kids stay free there) How soon is the wedding. I think I would wait it out a bit and see what happens?? How much was iberostar? How about sunset beach resort?

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
619 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

We are looking at an April 17 departure so not a lot of time to sit and wait :) There are no departures available in my timeframe for Holiday Inn or Sunset Beach. Iberstar is same price as Riu. Incidentally, the rate for an 8 year old at GP is $220 plus tax versus $599 plus tax at Holiday Inn. This does fluctuate though. The price for the Riu on SelloffVacations is about $4700 total for the three of us - same trip on Cheap Caribbean is $6500 !!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

Really I though kids stayed "free" at HI sunspree? Did you try Royal Decameron?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

The last time I checked the price, it was $60 for a day pass.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

Just got off the phone with RIU MOBay. I called them about our room and while I had them on the phone I asked how much a day pass cost. It is $90.00 per person!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

Wow the price went up that much since last year?! You might as well just stay the night for that much.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

I agree. Some hotels require a 3 night minnium may want to check first. I have no clue about RIU but last yr we stayed at Couples and it was a 3 nt min. They may also offer like a half day pass for weddings. If they know you will not be eating 3 meals and drinking all day they may have a different rate??

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day pass at Riu MoBay

90.00 per person per day for six hours......i just left riu mobay