We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room

New Mexico
Level Contributor
8 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room

I am currently booked in a semi-private grand luxe poolside (southpool) and wish to know if I should upgrade to the Royal Honeymoon Grande Luxe at the SRC?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
753 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room

The room you are booked in is just farther from the beach as it's on the front of the resort near the road so you have to go threw the lobby to get into the main section of the resort where restaurants, pool and beach are. It is quieter where you are booked but I mean the whole resort is very quiet. In saying that the room you are considering includes more amenities room service, bar things like that I would say if the price is right grab it it's worth it for sure.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
8 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room

I have heard the peacocks are loud in the area of the southpool, do you have any information on this?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,654 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room

hi Land&Sea...I'm a little confused with the names you've given for the rooms...sorry! Are you currently booked in a Royal Grande Luxe Semi-Private Pool View (RG) and are looking to upgrade to a Royal Honeymoon Luxury Beachfront Concierge Room (HB)?

If so, as jennigal18 mentions, the RG room is in the Caenarvon bldg just outside the lobby. You will not have an oceaview room and will likely hear the cars/shuttles/people arriving at the lobby driveway. When we stayed at SRC last year we met a couple who stayed in that building and quite liked it though because of the pool. They mentioned it was a little noisy but not too bad.

We have stayed in the HB building on the top floor of the Kensington building and for us, we would much much prefer that area. It is very quiet and the view from our room was wonderful! Also, the fact it is a concierge room provides you an in-room bar, room service, robes, the use of the concierge for booking excursions etc. We almost booked this same room category for our upcoming stay in February but instead decided to try one of the lagoon rooms since the price was not that much more.

Let me know if you would like to see photos of the resort and I will send you the link to my picasa album. We had no problem with the noise of the peacocks!

Northwest Iowa
Level Contributor
180 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room

On our first SRC visit, we booked the semi-private pool room and LOVED it. I'm a very light sleeper and did not notice any noise; in fact, I sleep until 11 a.m. or noon and was not bothered by anything, but I do travel with a little white noise machine called a Sleepmate that I turn on at night.

At SRC, you are never far from anything. Yes, you have to walk a few steps more if you're in these rooms, but I felt it was worth it because the pool is right outside the door, and the rooms are large with a very nice bathroom (two sinks, jetted tub, separate water closet/toilet).

We had just come from a lagoon suite at Sandals Negril and were very afraid we'd be disappoined, but we weren't. In fact, we've booked the semi-private pool view room again this summer for three nights at the end of our Jamaica vacation. It puts us close to the airport and in a resort we've come to love as a favorite.

5. Re: Royal Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2012, 00:18