We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

Hello all seasoned traveller's to Jamaica. I am tasked with booking a trip to Montego Bay for a group of 9 with kids aged 4,5,&6. The top 3 choices are Hilton Rose Hall, Iberostar Beach/Suites, or Riu Mo-Bay. Stayed at Riu Ocho Rios last year for a Wedding and had a Blast. This year is the first for the kids and thought we would stay close to the airport at a family friendly place. Hilton Rose Hall seems to be winning out so far because of the waterpark and golf course. A question though that may deter this choice is if there are any height restrictions for kids at the waterpark/slides that may render this choice useless. I like the consistency of Riu and Iberostar quality and am hesitant to book at an unknown but this waterpark feature looks too good to pass up. If anyone has any idea whether this is the case I would appreciate a response. Irie Mon!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

Its been two years, so my memory is hazy, but I dont think there is a height restriction. If I recall, the slide might only be 6-7ft high.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

Thanks for the reply. 6-7 ft high? Meaning it's a slow meandering slide? That would be fine as the kids are quite young anyways. As long as they are all allowed to partake. The more I research this place the more I'm beginning to think this is the best choice.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

Again, my memory is getting hazy, but if I recall, it was only 6-7 feet high, was a straight down slope, and it was built into artificial rocks. Very tame. The water park's lazy river is also quite tame. When you picture the RHR's water park, I would not compare it to a large commercial water park. Its nice and relaxing and ideal for young kids.

We are looking at going back in Sept/Oct.

Edited: 28 August 2011, 16:58
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

Thanks Cebakes. On the website it looks like there are two waterslides. Oh well I think I will be booking this week for Jan 20-28th. Our charters fill up quick but I am still on the fence of where to book. This waterpark seems to be the deciding factor. I am not expecting some huge waterpark or else I would not be booking it lol. That would be too crazy:) Just as long as there is one or two the kids can enjoy. I am only worried with regard to the Hilton's All inclusive plans. It seems that the resort only recently became all inclusive. Mind you we have been going to all inclusives for the past 10 years and have been very satisfied with the top all inclusive chains. My worry is that little things such as water and meals etc. that we may be nickled and dimed for things that other resorts may include. I have stayed at the Hilton in Maui though which was not all inclusive and it was very nice. Well, I hope to have this booked by the end of the week and just be done with it. Thanks for the reply and have a fun time if you do go back there.

PS- if you happen to notice any restrictions on the slides would you give me a heads up anyways?

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

The place has been all-inclusive for a while. It has only been a Hilton, though, for a short time - but they were the ones who spent all the coin to make the place luxurious about two years ago.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

I am hoping to go before my kids turn 5...because after that they are no longer free!

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

I was there in June 2011. The largest slide has a height requirement of 48". There is a series of 3 smaller slides that have no height requirements, and they were plenty exciting but not too big for my 5 year old. He also loved the lazy river. I hope you have booked here...you will have an amazing time!!! We are looking to return this May.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

I was there in June 2011. The largest slide has a height requirement of 48". There is a series of 3 smaller slides that have no height requirements, and they were plenty exciting but not too big for my 5 year old. He also loved the lazy river. I hope you have booked here...you will have an amazing time!!! We are looking to return this May.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

Thanks for the reply Karen. Although this is not what I wanted to hear re; the height restriction. I hope it isn't striclty enforced because my kids are able to handle a waterslide. I don't think they reach that height yet. Oh well...we are all booked and ready to be there Monday!

I have a golf booking at Cinnamon Hills and White Witch lined up already.

I am just waiting to hear back if Half Moon will let us take part in their Dolphin Encounter. Let's hope!

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Height Restriction for waterslide at HRH?

Thanks for the reply Karen. Although this is not what I wanted to hear re; the height restriction. Had I known this months ago I think I might have booked the Iberostar. I hope it isn't strictly enforced because my kids are able to handle a waterslide. I don't think they reach that height yet. Oh well...we are all booked and ready to be there Monday!

I have a golf booking at Cinnamon Hills and White Witch lined up already.

I am just waiting to hear back if Half Moon will let us take part in their Dolphin Encounter. Let's hope!