We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

Saint Louis...
8 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

We are in our late 20s and looking for a memorable honeymoon location that is fun, but intimate and relaxing. Does IBG attract more of the middle age population or are there usually several honeymooners as well? Thanks!

Victoria,texas
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

Elizabeth, For wedding and honeymoon. Go with Secrethttp://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147311-d1604119-Reviews-Secrets_Wild_Orchid_Montego_Bay-Montego_Bay_Jamaica.html

or go to Secret Wild Orchid/ facebook to read a review. You will love it there.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

I would go with one of the Couples Resorts before either of those mentioned.

Couples are very romantic and intimate with the best service, food and everything included.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

I'm middle aged AND fun.

But to answer your question. Iberostar Grand attracts a pretty diverse group. I've been there when there was a bachelorette party of 15 twenty somethings and a whole lot of honeymooners. I have also been there when there were more of those "not fun middle aged people". I think it depends alot on the time of the year as well. Younger crowd there in June (wedding season!) and older crowd in September.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

Forgot to mention, since Iberostar Grand uses the disco on the Iberostar complex that is sharerd by also the Suites and Beach hotels it is probably the liveliest, most packed disco I have ever seen at an all inclusive resort.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

Honeymooning there in mid jan at the grand.

United States
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

Couples Tower Isle has a good reputation.

Of the two others you mentioned The Grand is a very nice hotel - but the average age might be more 30+.

Whatever other choice you make going to Jamaica - will be a good one.

ottawa, ontario...
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

Careful...Couples sans souci has a horrible beach. It is so not nice. You need water slippers and, little water creatures bit us also. The hotel is nice...lots of stairs +++. The food was very very good. If you are a beach lover...THIS HOTEL IS NOT FOR YOU!!!

ottawa, ontario...
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

Careful...Couples sans souci has a horrible beach. It is so not nice. You need water slippers and, little water creatures bit us also. The hotel is nice...lots of stairs +++. The food was very very good. If you are a beach lover...THIS HOTEL IS NOT FOR YOU!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

Hi

We have stayed at several resorts in Jamaica and Secrets was the best so far overall

SWO & SSJ are not for everyone as to be fair with the style they are built in you could be anywhere in the Caribbean but we love the modern style. It is the staff and the location that make it Jamaican. The beach comprises of 4 man made coves rather than a natural beach like Negril but it is still a reasonable beach compared to some I have seen in Jamaica and the snorkelling straight off the beach is awesome

If you check out my review and my online album you should get a good feel for the resorts

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

Please note that some of the room shots are not of standard rooms so please check out the labels

Happy as always to help further if you need it

central NJ
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid

I just got back last night from Secrets Wild Orchid. I think you will be very happy there. My husband and I took our three daughters who are 22 and 18. They were not bored. There were many under 30 year olds there.