We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach WiFi

Painted Post, NY
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Beach WiFi

Heading to SB on Thursday and wondering if WiFi is available in the rooms and how reliable it is? We'll be in a cabana room and both husband and I will need to connect to work for at least a short time each day. Going to the lobby is not really an option as hubby will need to be on conference calls, etc. We will have family staying in the tower rooms so could also use their room if the service is better there.

Anyone who has stayed in a cabana or tower room that can comment on the WiFi would be appreciated. Thank you!

Reading...
Level Contributor
213 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach WiFi

Hi There,

Sorry, WiFi is only in the lobby. We were in E201 Cabana Room and received zero signal. But, sipping a Red Stripe in the cool breeze of the lobby while checking email was OK with me.

Mark

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach WiFi

We are headed there a week from Thursday. Is the WiFi free in the Lobby?

Painted Post, NY
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach WiFi

Thanks Markb1. Bummer.

Marylynn1966 - I have yet to stay at a place in Jamaica where you can get free WiFi, even in the lobby.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach WiFi

We stayed at Couples in May and free WiFi on the entire resort. Walked down to the Seasplash and that resort also had free WiFi. We used it while sitting at their bar. Stayed at RIU last year and free WiFi in Lobby only.

Painted Post, NY
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Beach WiFi

Really? How cool that they offer free WiFi! I belive it was $30/week for the lobby of Sunset Beach. They had a daily price as well...$7/day maybe? We had lots of problems connecting even from the lobby though.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Beach WiFi

I hate to say it but from a convenient wifi perspective with a need to make a conference call you arent at the best choice of resort. With that being said there is a good spot kind of off the beaten path that isnt used during the day in the lobby that will be quiet enough for a conference call. Its just to the right of the asian restaurant. Wifi is hit or miss and cant be relied on.

Seasonality, iberostar and fdr have free wifi also.

Edited: 31 August 2012, 23:18
Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
196 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Beach WiFi

We just returned from Sunset Beach yesterday. I guess we were pretty lucky with the wi-fi. We paid $30 for unlimited use for a week in the lobby. We stayed in Sunset B (one of the towers) on the second floor (B209),and we were able to use it without issue in our room every day. Connectivity was great for the first few days. The last day or two we would get kicked off occasionally, but we could sign right back on. We loved our room. The views from our balcony of the pool and ocean were breathtaking. Being able to access wi-fi from our room was a pleasant surprise and an added bonus.

8. Re: Sunset Beach WiFi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:20