We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

Trying to find out more about the clothing optional beach on the private island at Sandals Royal Caribbean. Is it only topless or naked? Can you swim topless/ naked? Does that area offer any sort of privacy? I understand this area is small but just trying to get a better sense of what to expect.

62 replies to this topic
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,797 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

I know that SRCFan will give you the best info as he and Mrs. SRCFan are familiar with the clothing optional beach. But until he chimes in, I can tell you that the beach is whatever you wish it to be...there are those who are topless, fully nude, clothed. And swimming is the same. I do believe the swimming area is not as private as the beach lounge area though...but SRCFan can give you more details for sure.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
117 reviews
2. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

Snorkeler123: The clothing optional section of the SRC Private Island is just that, clothing optional with emphasis on the word optional. In probably the 40 or so days we've spent out there over the last several years, about 1/3 of the guests stay in 'full' swimwear, 1/3 of the females go topless, the balance of guests, men and women go nude. All types of fitness levels, ages, and such. Swimming in that section is in whatever attire you wear, or don't wear. No matter what you wear on your bod though I highly recommend wearing swimmies on your feet. The swimming section of the c/o section is in the open ocean so any ocean going critter can happen by (and the do!). We've seen guests step on sea urchins for example. OUCH! From a privacy perspective, the entire island is only available to Sandals guests. Uniformed security keeps others away and off the island. The c/o section is kind of 'walled off' from the balance of the island by local landscaping and vegetation, bushes, trees, shrubs. You access the section by coming over one of two small bridges from the main part of the island. There is a big sign marking entry into the section. If you'd like pictures of the resort that we share via a Powerpoint presentation, including the c/o section, send me a private message with an appropriate email address to send it too.

Edited: 27 July 2013, 18:14
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

Thanks for the feedback it was helpful!

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

I enjoyed my time there even though i was not brave enough to take anything off. I just minded my own business and no one bothered me either. One lady was topless and one gentleman was fully nude and another couple was in swimwear. Next time I may just work up the nerve to go topless.

Canton, Michigan
3 posts
1 review
5. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

SRCFan thanks for your input, we will be traveling there again in september, we went last september are there ay changes you are aware of? any input would be helpful. we had a great time last year and hoping for the same in 2014

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
117 reviews
6. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

SRK313: When in September will you be at SRC? We're there Sept. 19 - 26. Stop by and say 'hello' if you notice us. You asked, "...are there any changes you are aware of?" See our review from our March 2014 trip...many changes to the property, mostly small type things, but always modifying something.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d150…

As for the c/o section specifically, no major changes. They rethatched some palapas while we were there is about the only thing I can think of. I hope they topped off the trees on the northern side of the c/o section. The trees have grown so high that in March, they were casting a shadow on pretty much the entire sunning area on the north side of the island. We like full sun, so that meant we didn't sun over on that side.

Canton, Michigan
3 posts
1 review
7. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

Thanks for the input, we will be there early September so u fortunety we can't say hi, perhaps next time. Hopefully there wi be some fun people on the c/o side always makes for a better trip

Middletown, Ohio
Level Contributor
657 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

SRK313, we usually stay at SMB, but come over to SRC to enjoy the c/o beach at least one time during our stay (great way to get rid of tan lines). What we have found is the people enjoying this area of the resort are to be the most friendly, open, and fun-loving people you can find. In all the times we were there, we didn't see anyone going topless...it was all or nothing! We did chance swimming in the ocean without any problems....and loved it!

Canton, Michigan
3 posts
1 review
9. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

we love the c/o side...when are you gonna be there?

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 post
2 reviews
10. Re: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

Thanks we'll be staying at Sandals MoBay 11-15 to 11-22 but plan on visiting SRC

Edited: 10 November 2014, 12:07
Reply to: Clothing Optional Beach at Sandals Royal Caribbean?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted