We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing in Ocho Rios

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Surfing in Ocho Rios

My husband really wants to learn how to surf in Jamaica. We are staying at Ocho Rios at the resort called Sunset Jamaica Grande, can anyone recommend where he can surf in and around the area. He's willing to take a bus ride anywhere in Jamaica.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing in Ocho Rios

they surf in Port Antonio area... Boston Bay specifically has some guys who give lessons.... that's about a 3 to 3.5 hour drive away... would probably need a private transfer to do this trek...

that's the only place i personally know of on the island... there maybe some other options on the south coast, but i can't say where?

Chelle

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing in Ocho Rios

Other than parts of Portland parish (East coast), I have never seen waves large enough to surf in Jamaica. The entire island is pretty well reef-protected...hence the calmer waters for swimming.

3. Re: Surfing in Ocho Rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 02:17