We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu ocho rios Taxi

Northampton...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu ocho rios Taxi

Hey everyone. My wife and I and a few frinds are going to the Riu in Ocho Rios April 24th for some much needed fun in the sun. I read in an earlier review that some people hired a taxi driver to be their driver for the day to go into town and have fun shopping, sight seeing and do the jerk chicken thing and maybe Margeritaville. This sounds like a great idea. Where is the best place to find a good honest driver? The front desk? Just outside the resort. The beach? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Tired of shoveling in Pennsylvania,

Rob

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu ocho rios Taxi

I use Paul Williams. paul849@hotmail.com

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu ocho rios Taxi

I use Paul as well...just send him an email with what you want to do and he will get back to you very quickly with a price...

Very safe driver and fun to be with..

McDonough, Georgia
Level Contributor
728 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu ocho rios Taxi

Peat Taylor Tour.

Can't go wrong with the Taylor's.

Great family business!!

http://www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com/

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu ocho rios Taxi

I second Peat Taylor. I tried Paul didnt like the way things were handled last year so we didnt use him and now the Taylor's all the way!

California
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu ocho rios Taxi

Go to the front where the taxi drivers are and ask for Claude. He is an absolutely fantastic person. You won't be disappointed!

Dallastown, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu ocho rios Taxi

Hi there! I, too, am a Pennsylvanian (I live about 25 miles south of Harrisburg) and booked a last minute trip after we had 4-feet of snow at our house! It was exactly what we needed. I went with a friend and we had a fantastic time! We were there for 7 days from 3/19-3/25 and had such a great time that I think we are going back again next year.

I am trying to find someone who can help me track down one of the guys who gave me a jet ski ride. He gave me a 'thank you' ride for doing him a favor. When we got back from the ride we were late for dinner reservations and I had to run. Although his ride was a thank you ride, I wanted to give him some $$ for his time and gas. However, we only had one more full day at the resort and he wasn't there that next day so I never got to pay him. One of the other jet ski guys said he would give it to him but I was afraid Collin would never see the $$ so I declined. I am trying to find someone who is going in the near future to do me a huge favor and see if they can get me an e-mail address as well as a mailing address for him. Collin did mention about us trading e-mail addresses but we never got a chance to do it. If you are willing to try to help me out, I have a close-up picture of him that may help you to pick him out. Plus most of the jet ski guys (and I believe the Scuba Caribe guys) know who he is.

7. Re: Riu ocho rios Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 00:16