We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat in Ocho town or near

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
792 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat in Ocho town or near

We are hoping to eat out more on our next visit any good idea's ?

MN
Level Contributor
911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

Here are a few idea's.. =)

http://www.ruinsjamaica.com/

http://www.evitasjamaica.com/

Have a driver take you to Scotchies for some fabulous jerk chicken!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

Miss T's, Spring Garden, Toscaninis, Passage to India, OR jerk center, Tradewinds, Mykonos.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

I agree with the Ruins and Scotchies also theres the Ultimate Jerk Centre just past Runaway Bay on the way to Montego Bay...

uk
Level Contributor
792 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

Thanks guys..Ruins is a little two romantic for 3 we have our 12 yr old with us. Miss T looks fun and hubby will love the food. Scotchies was on our list as we regret not going last time.

I just think it nice to get away from the big hotels and taste real Jamaica. Could not get Mykonos but I will go search.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

i dont think The Ruins is too romantic....when we went there in the daytime for lunch there were plenty of families eating there....

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

Forgot to add it is only $15 and eat as much as you like....drinks included..beer, wine, and soft drinks.

uk
Level Contributor
792 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

I was going by the pictures for Ruins lol but may try it now since you have seen familys there.

I went to Rock wharf grill near Glinening waters a tip from here for some yard food. First impressions were every thing just looked simple more yardie than I thought but the food was great. Even our son enjoyed it. Mainly the folk there were great too, and it felt Jamaican, which was one of the reasons I wanted to go and so glad I did.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

If you are walking into town, there is a little cook shop in front of Sandcastles that has great yard food - it's to go, but the quality is excellent and inexpensive.

Also Fisherman's Beach - your son would probably get a kick out of the hustle and bustle.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

Suz that place is Called Jolly's I love it!!!! I have eaten many a brekfast there. Mothers or Juicy Patty for fast food. .

Edited: 18 November 2010, 19:37
uk
Level Contributor
792 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to eat in Ocho town or near

Thanks guys they are 2 I havent heard of and hubby likes his fish.

Any one know where to buy the best Acki (not sure how to sp) and salt fish, he fell in love with this. I just love the fruits, they taste nothing like it back in the UK lol, though I did like the curried goat if I didnt think about it or get a big bone while eating it ha-ha-ha.