We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goldeneye

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
897 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Goldeneye

I know this is a hotel, but is there a way to tour this estate if you're not a guest? Is there any Ian Fleming/James Bond history such as a guided tour or museum? How far is it from Ocho Rios, specifically Sandals Royal Plantation?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Goldeneye

Am not aware of a tour, so to speak. If no definitive answer is available, I would imagine that shooting them a query via email would result in a favorable response.

Distance wise, Goldeneye is in Oracabessa not too far from my Uncle Bobby. From the Texaco in Ochi, I would say 25 mins or so. Just up the road from Boscobel.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,846 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goldeneye

A TA member recently spent a day there with a certificate won in an auction to benefit a J'can charity. That suggests to me that day passes MIGHT be available for purchase, why not ask?

http://www.goldeneye.com/site/#/contact/

It's under a half hour away, I'd say. It's in Oracabessa.

You can definitely tour Noel Coward's home on the hill, Firefly, it's another 15-30 minutes on east from Goldeneye. Beautiful views.

Coward's beach home (Blue Harbor) is now a set of villas for rent so there aren't official tours but I did tour it with an eye towards staying there in the future as there were no guests at the time. That was unofficial though.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goldeneye

Hey Ohliz! And hello to hoppersh. It was me who won the day pass through the Animal House Jamaica charity auction. I can not tell you how AMAZING Goldeneye is. Imagine the nicest place you've seen on The Travel Channel, then plop yourself there and pair it with the most attentive, nice, professional staff, best food and most relaxing atmosphere ever. Truly a once in a lifetime experience (at least it was for us).

There is no museum but the welcome room is filled with pictures and books. The grounds are lined with trees planted by celebrities who have visited. Carlton, the man in charge, will tell you the history of the grounds and how it used to be a donkey race track, how Ian Fleming acquired the place and how it got it's name. We were not able to visit the original home, it was being rented at the time but we did kayak in the ocean and we were able to see the house while paddling over the beautiful coral reef below.

To answer your question, I think you can buy day passes for Goldeneye. I was told they are $150 usd per couple. Believe me when I say it is worth every penny. We are not ones to splurge but we would do it again in a heartbeat. The hours we were able to visit were 10am-4pm. Lunches were about what you'd pay at a nice restaurant at home. Average $25-40 per meal. I'm not sure what dinner prices were as it is a different restaurant on the property . Drinks were $10 each and beer was $4 each. You have all use of non-motorized water sports and free reign of the grounds. There are restrooms available for changing and an outdoor shower for rinsing off.

Here is my review and I posted some pictures too. tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Here is the link to my photobucket album with more pics (some are not from Goldeneye). There are pics of the menu so you can get an idea of how much cash to bring. …photobucket.com/albums/…

If anyone ever gets a chance to go, do it. You will not regret it at all.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 16:38
Too Far North
Level Contributor
324 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goldeneye

Your review is wonderful, sound like Paradise for sure, and your photos are just beautiful.

Would love to visit here someday!

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goldeneye

Read on.............................

keepitjiggy.com/2010/…

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
897 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goldeneye

That's a great link! Thanks for the info!

7. Re: Goldeneye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2013, 05:30