We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocho Rios by Taxi and visit to Secret Falls

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lewiston, UTAH
Level Contributor
17 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Ocho Rios by Taxi and visit to Secret Falls

We're visiting Ocho Rios by cruise ship in January. We were wondering about taking a taxi to tour around for the day, but have heard a few horror stories. Is there anyone you recommend? Should we book a taxi guide before getting to port or just get off and get one? We really just wanted to visit Secret Falls and maybe do a little shopping and see the countryside.

Thanks for the help!

Orlando
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ocho Rios by Taxi and visit to Secret Falls

I was just at Secret Falls over Thanksgiving 2012 and judging by the pictures Blue Hole and Secret Falls are the same place. I would suggest booking with a tour operator to get there though as it really off the beaten path and was gated off. I am not sure that if they are not expecting you that you would be able to get in. It is definitely worth going to and I would recommend spending as much time there as possible. It is far from Falmouth (about 1.25 hrs), but is really close to Ocho Rios. We booked through Chuck Norris' Real Tours Jamaica and it was great. I would highly recommend them and they will met you at the port. We were on the Liberty of the Seas and it worked great.

Lewiston, UTAH
Level Contributor
17 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ocho Rios by Taxi and visit to Secret Falls

Thanks so much for responding. It's good to know the distances. Everything I have read makes it sound so wonderful. Thanks!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Ocho Rios by Taxi and visit to Secret Falls

i think you are talking about the ONE LOVE FALL, which is between DOLPHIN COVE and OCHO RIOS , on the one love trail...

This is a free place with a waterfall and a space on the beach down on the seaside, very popular for the locals in the summer.

Lewiston, UTAH
Level Contributor
17 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ocho Rios by Taxi and visit to Secret Falls

Thanks. It sounds beautiful. Another name that Secret Falls goes by is the Blue Hole - some other trip advisors told me that.

15. Re: Ocho Rios by Taxi and visit to Secret Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:19