We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI suggestions Adults 18+

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
AI suggestions Adults 18+

Sorry if this has been asked before. We are looking to travel the summer of 2019 for my daughter's Senior Trip. Youngest would be 18 and oldest in their 40s. What resorts do you recommend in the Negril area? We want a beach area that you can get in with clear water and nice sand.

I am going to do 2 rooms so budget is about $3000-3500 total for 4 nights/5 days.

If there are other suggestions not in Negril, I'm open to suggestions to those too!

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,018 posts
188 reviews
1. Re: AI suggestions Adults 18+

Check out Riu Palace Tropical Bay and Royal Hideaway in Negril. Also Jewel Dunn's River in Ocho Rios.

United States
Level Contributor
13,652 posts
134 reviews
2. Re: AI suggestions Adults 18+

" looking to travel the summer of 2019"

Prices are not available for all hotels this far out. Lets assume that prices in 2018, which are available, and that rates in 2019 are the same (probably not true).

"Youngest would be 18 and oldest in their 40s"

Not sure how many people are in the group. Lets assume that there are a total of 4 people (2 people in each of 2 rooms).

My first choice would be the RIU Palace Tropical Bay. This resort is scheduled to be remodeled in the Fall of 2018. It is located on one of the best sections of beach in Negril. Another resort to consider is the Azul Sensatory by Karisma.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
97 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: AI suggestions Adults 18+

It's 3 families going so a total of 4 rooms. I am personally booking 2 of the rooms. Sorry that wasn't too clear in my OP.

I'll probably have to wait another month to book since the resorts seem to price a year out.

Thanks for the suggestions.. keep them coming!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,338 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: AI suggestions Adults 18+

The Azul is essentially a family resort with a two room block section reserved for adults. This area has a swim up bar (drinking is allowed from 18) and an evening lounge. There are no adults only eatery so dining is with families.

The Royalton Hideaway is, in my book, a slightly better solution as the adult section of the family resort does have its own eateries and bars and its own swim up bar. Some of the rooms offer a swim-out design. The best best, here, is the shared beach with the family side of the resort (407 family rooms and 166 Hideaway rooms). A large number of the resort facilities are shared.

As thevinnie mentioned, the RIU Palace Tropical Bay will be renovated during the Fall of 2018 — a lot of new facilities including completely new room decor, new eateries. It is a family resort but, historically, there are generally few kids as most families stay at the close by ClubHotel RIU Negril. The beach is excellent. Perhaps the down side is that the resort is located on the quieter section of the 7 mile beach in a section known as Bloody Bay. Getting to the Long Bay busy section means using taxis.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,338 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: AI suggestions Adults 18+

If you would like to consider a non-AI located within the busy section of Long Bay, I suggest TreeHouse, CoCo La Palm, Charela Inn and the budget AI called Grand Pineapple (part of the Sandals Resort chain).

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: AI suggestions Adults 18+

CoCo La Palm is perfect for a family. it has a large beach, a nice bar and grill, two really nice pools and great food.. It is a non AI, and is right in the middle of the beach, so very close to many places for food and drink. you will want to get out a little and explore places outside of the resort, like the cliffs, blue hole, one love bus, and so on. Rooms are great, staff is top notch !!

Iowa
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
52 reviews
7. Re: AI suggestions Adults 18+

As much as I am a big fan of Cocoa LaPalm and even some of the other resorts that have been mentioned here with only 4 nights I would stay close to the airport. What about the new Royal Decameron Cornwell beach? It's not adults only but I don't think there are any kid friendly activities so probably wouldn't have many kids there. I stayed next door Royal Decameron many years ago and there were rarely any children there.

Reply to: AI suggestions Adults 18+
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted