We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid Perferred

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid Perferred

Okay so my fiancne and I are planning our honeymoon to Jamaica and are stuck between Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and Secrets Wild Orchid Preferred Club. Which is better and why and if you were us which would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid Perferred

Did you end up going to one yet? I am stuck on a very similar decision! Hope it turned out well!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid Perferred

Yep we went to Iberostar Grand... AMAZING! Can't say enough.hood about it!!

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid Perferred

We have been to Secrets Wild Orchid twice since it opened. The first time we felt that the Preferred Club was worth it because I was due for hip surgery, had troube walking and the Prefered Club rooms were closest to the restaurants. We stayed at the Preferred Club again when we returned in December, and I did not feel that it was worth it. Anyone can use the preferred beach, whether preferred or not, since they don't check and there are no arm bands and the closeness of the restaurants weren't that important this time. In addition, it would have been an extra $800 for 8 nights, but they charged us what we had paid the first time ($400 extra for 8 nights) since we were return guests, I guess. I would certainly return to SWO, but would not spend the extra $ on the preferred club. I have not been to the other resort you mentioned, so I can't compare.

4. Re: Iberostar Grand Rose Hall vs. Secrets Wild Orchid Perferred

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 05:16