We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
850 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

I am planning a trip for a large group of at least 10 adults and a couple of kids around 8 yrs old. The trip will be taking place over New Years. I personally am a veteran Negril/Jamaica traveler but am having a difficult time deciding on the best type of property for a group.

My thoughts are: Small All Inclusive property just for the convenience of not having to transport or organize meals each day. And of course the drinks. I am considering one of the Merril's properties, or maybe Sea Wind. Want to keep the budget about 250.00/couple/night and be on the beach.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

We're thinking of a similar trip and we're looking at the Grand Pineapple. Their garden rooms are $257 a night in March, but NYE may be more.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

What about Beach house villas? You could easily do the rooms for under that price

http://www.negril-hotels.com/Rates.html

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

It's not all-inclusive Suz.

Another one to consider is Charela.

Edited: 01 June 2011, 13:11
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

if you'd be willing to increase your budget to about $400 per couple, then hands down, your best option is Moon Dance Villas. I booked the entire resort for our wedding next week for about 45 of us and although it seems too expensive, if you are traveling with at least 8-10 people, renting their 5 bedroom villa for $1,500 per night is a great deal when split between 10 people / 5 couples. We are choosing the AI option but if you do some searching here, you'll find that it is only worth it for weddings. I'll be sure to write a review when we return at the end of June but having a personal bartender and chef right there in your villa is hard to pass up for the price. I've heard that a budge of $50 per person a day is about average for your meals there, if you don't go with the $115 per person AI fee.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

It's not all inclusive, but they could add on a cook and make it very easy and cost effective

Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

Thanks for your responses. I am looking @ Beach House Villas a little closer now. And they do actually offer AI. 85.00 pp/per day. Not a bad deal at all. But having the cook is a lot less expensive. Especially if each couple puts in a couple hundred dollars for groceries and booze!

Has anyone stayed @ Sea Wind? I have seen it and even been in the gift shop but don't know much about the property. I do know that is not my favorite part of the beach.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

before you get your heart set on a single property, i'd make a short list of 5-10 and call each and see which have capacity to accomodate at that very busy time of the year.. .some may not...

Chelle

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

I have stayed at Seawind - it's a nice property, but it is far up the beach to walk to stuff - I enjoyed our stay there, but don't know that I would stay there again just based on location.

Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

grand pineapple hands own! Small, ai, and in the heart of seven mile beach! Great food and booze!

Ohio
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay for a group of 10 or more?

We stayed at Lemer villas last year. It's not AI but would be a great option. We rented one of the villas (can accommodate 12 persons I think).We paid $220/ night. If your staying for a week you can get the villa at a cheaper price.

The villas are ocean front and beach is w/in the property. Restaurants are walking distance..but owners can send a chef to prepare food for you (can even teach you to cook authentic Jamaican food) :-)

http://lemerluxuryvillas.com/

Edited: 02 June 2011, 14:49