We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

Just wondering if there is a florist shop in Negril or a place to buy flowers. We are getting married there next month and have a small group of us travelling there so I dont want any extravagant floral displays. But thought it would be nice to have some flowers and candals on the tables for the wedding reception. Have got a quote already from the wedding planner at the hotel. And to be honest find it expensive to pay $30 for a Lily and an extra $10 for a ribbon for it for my bridesmaid. Any suggestions would help.

United States
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

Try Floral Fantasy at shop #12 in the Coral Seas Plaza just west of the roundabout on the West End Road (near the post office). Telephone: (876) 957-4887

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

Congrats!!

We've also used Floral Fantasy and been very pleased. Jamaicaelegantweddings.com comes well recommended too, in case you need some advice or other services.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

thanks, sent them an email message there.

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

When our daughter got married in Mobay three yers ago I made silk arangements and took them in our carry-on, cost 68$ for all the flowers, 22 people plus arrangements for the tables we just put the bridesmaid flowers down, pretty sure you can take candle if you want, although they took a sand vase thingy that kept geting inspected when going thru secuirty, but if you want fresh flowers, course you can't take those with you! Congrats, have a great weding!!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

I have looked at silk flowers as well. Actually got a great deal online for silk rose petals for the flowergirl basket.

Was quoted $50 for fresh petals by the wedding planner excluding the basket. Seemed a little bit expensive.

But you have reminded me that we have booked the wedding arch with 2 flower arrangements at the top so Im hoping I can take them after the cermony and then use them as well.

Thanks.

Wells, MN
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

I would assume that you can do that, there was another wedding at the resort we we're at the day before and they had a ton of flowers, whatever they didn't take was just taken down and put in a pile on the ground to be plicked up later, again Congrats and have a great wedding!

7. Re: Florist in Negril or candals for tables for a wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 05:26